Among the premier network consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a wide range of vital software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote network service. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information concerning our job opportunities, company culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas beyond our primary technical focus. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and development services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn more information concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details about how Progent is exceptional by going to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office structure frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular questions about being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
This is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of consulting proposals which align Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you would like to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on our team of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive client services, and following a strong value-based pricing model, We have managed to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you need to provide standard certifications for us to work with. If you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support services for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Team to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have an active client base to which you currently provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how scope out projects, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, using specialized software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from other network support firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support work can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated throughout California, but we are building a rapidly growing group of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience career and personal growth from being a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.