One of America's premiere network consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a broad variety of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, delivering service, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, living a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven knowledge and hands-on experience in high-demand IT areas outside our primary service concentration. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and development support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To find out additional details about freelance work with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs at Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about ways that Progent is different by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to solve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office network allows consultants to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of some present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of service propositions which associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on our staff of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive client services, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will promote your talents, but you need to provide basic credentials for us to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful network support services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in important technologies outside of our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having a long work-related history and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You should be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from other network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of daily drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of network experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.