One of the premier network consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a wide range of critical business applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting customers, providing support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online IT support. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information concerning our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven knowledge and field background in important information technology areas outside Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to find out more details concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible work model that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details concerning how Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about our compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see answers to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of service propositions that associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's staff of help desk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and following a competitive results-based fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can expand your skills through interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will market your talents, but you must have standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active client base for which you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able analyze projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, using custom software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from most network support companies is the quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting services can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of network professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a crucial piece for accelerating any company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.