Among America's premier IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a wide variety of vital business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for attracting customers, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to become among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build an international organization for delivering online network support. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; system consultants with CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized knowledge and working experience in important IT topics outside our main technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional information about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business model that offers life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about ways that we are exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment provides sophisticated technical tools that support off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced administrators who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have managed to increase our client base dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who have recognized certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you should have basic certifications for us to market. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and effective network consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in key areas beyond Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You must have a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have an active client base for which you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong references, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able scope out jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for enabling any company's growth, and we follow this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal maturity from being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.