One of the premiere IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented support experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of key business areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled us to be among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology areas beyond our main service concentration. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out more details about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Jobs at Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that we are different by going to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment provides sophisticated technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For answers to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting propositions which align Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you want to apply for any position listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's team of desktop support technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, We are looking for talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will market your skills, but you need to provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base for whom you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must know how scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, running custom application utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income with regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and private maturity by being part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.