One of the top IT consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad range of critical business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online network support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information concerning Progent's work opportunities, business culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and working background in high-demand information technology topics outside our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who can provide consulting and development support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to learn additional information concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has managed to attract the top professional experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network uses state-of-the-art technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to deal with business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office environment enables consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more information about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting proposals that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and following a competitive results-focused fee structure, We have managed to expand our client list dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and computer help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will market your skills, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for us to market. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active client base for which you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you should know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using custom application utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from ordinary network support companies is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California but we are attracting a quickly growing team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a crucial piece for enabling any company's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth from being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.