One of America's top network consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a broad variety of key software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing online network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information concerning Progent's job openings, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven knowledge and working experience in important information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional details about freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Work with Progent.
How We Are Different
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about how we are different by visiting How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network uses advanced technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to solve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on providing service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details about our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For replies to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of some present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement propositions which associate our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any position shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of desktop support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and following a competitive results-based fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering network expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can market your skills, but you should provide standard certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective network consulting services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and field background in key technologies outside of our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have an active client base for whom you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from most consulting firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a quickly expanding team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit program to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network is a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.