Among America's top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a wide range of vital business applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring customers, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about Progent's work openings, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network experts who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology topics beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, use of advanced technology, and a flexible business structure that allows for life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information about reasons Progent is different by referring to Reasons That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technologies that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office setting frees consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service propositions that tie our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you want to ask about any job listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's staff of desktop support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are seeking talented managers who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a competitive value-based fee structure, We have been able to increase our customer base dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants who can show verifiable certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you should have basic certifications for us to market. If you are adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting services for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented staff and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of expert computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas beyond Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- Database support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must know how analyze projects, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from other network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the work properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, but we are attracting a quickly growing group of consulting experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit program to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from being part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.