Among America's top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a broad variety of vital business applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding customers, delivering service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to be one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build an international presence for providing online IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's work openings, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven expertise and working experience in high-demand IT areas outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out more information about how we are exceptional by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment uses sophisticated technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable money through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent Q&A.
This is a description of some current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of consulting proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any opening listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and remote support professionals. Also, We are hiring talented administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and following a competitive results-focused fee structure, We have been able to increase our client base rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can enhance your skills via cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who have recognized certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent will market your talents, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer support expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of expert computer support engineers who have advanced skills and work background in important areas beyond Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- Database management and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and following a proven, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, client needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have an active client base for which you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent people skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to communicate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from other network support firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.