One of the top computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad range of vital software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for finding clients, delivering support, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn more details concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISM accredited security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about staff professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand IT areas outside our primary technical focus. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. In order to find out more details concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details about reasons we are unique by referring to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to solve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office model allows you to focus on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more information about our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more about our compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see replies to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of engagement propositions which tie our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to apply for any position shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on our team of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-based fee structure, We have been able to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will promote your skills, but you must provide basic credentials for us to work with. In case you are adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer engineers have offered low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key areas outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you must know how evaluate tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, running specialized software tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly growing team of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.