Among America's top IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide variety of vital software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative models for finding clients, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to become among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information concerning our work openings, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system experts with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven expertise and working background in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn additional information about contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible work model that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information about ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more details about Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals that align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to ask about any job listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to work on our staff of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a competitive results-based pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who have recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you must have basic certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful network support services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to which you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how scope out jobs, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running specialized application utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our consulting work can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal maturity from being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.