Among America's premiere IT consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a broad variety of key software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to build an international organization for providing online network service. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information about our job opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with proven knowledge and field experience in high-demand information technology topics beyond our main service concentration. Our Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. To find out more details concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more details about reasons Progent is different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office network frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details about Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
For answers to common enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement proposals which align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our team of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for talented administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and offering a strong results-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show recognized certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will market your talents, but you must provide standard certifications for us to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced skills and work background in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having an extensive work-related history and strong references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you should know how evaluate jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using custom software utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical network support firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top talent covering a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth by being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.