Among America's top computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a wide variety of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish an international organization for providing remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about our job openings, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have proven expertise and working background in high-demand IT areas outside Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To find out additional details about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more details concerning ways that we are different by going to Ways That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps consultants nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you want to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for experienced administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client services, and following a strong value-based fee model, Progent has been able to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and computer help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and effective computer support services for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in key technologies beyond our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base to which you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having a long work-related record and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how analyze projects, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using specialized application utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. We recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like working with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network is a crucial factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and private growth by being a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.