Among America's premiere computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a wide range of critical business areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build an international organization for delivering remote IT support. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information concerning our work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven knowledge and field experience in high-demand information technology areas outside Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer advice and development support for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible work model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more details about how we are different by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable income by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of engagement propositions which associate our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to ask about any job shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and following a competitive value-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client base dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you need to provide basic certifications for us to market. If you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful network consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should know how to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using custom application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from other network support firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of our consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth from being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.