One of the premier computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a wide range of key software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information about our work opportunities, company culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth expertise and field background in high-demand information technology areas outside our main technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small company networks. To find out more information concerning contracting work with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that accommodates life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out more details about ways that we are different by going to Reasons That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model provides sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office model allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common questions about being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent FAQs.
This is a description of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of engagement propositions that tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you want to enquire about any position listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's staff of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring experienced administrators who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, We have managed to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills via cooperation with our group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering network consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show verifiable certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to have standard credentials for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective network support services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key technologies beyond Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having a long work-related history and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should be able evaluate projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using proprietary software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the job properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit program to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling a company's success, and we follow this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.