Among the top IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a broad variety of key business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding clients, providing support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build an international presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details concerning our job openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in crucial information technology areas beyond our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and development services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with our full-time engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. To find out additional details about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about how Progent is unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office setting allows you to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of some available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of service propositions which align our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any position shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system engineers with CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join Progent's team of help desk support specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client services, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills through cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you need to have standard credentials for us to work with. If you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented staff and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important technologies outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent people skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to explain realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you must be able scope out projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using custom application utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from most network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the job properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you donít offer strong communications skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network can be a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private maturity from being a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.