Among the premier network consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of key software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for finding customers, delivering service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details about our job openings, business culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; system experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and field experience in crucial IT areas beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide advice and development support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional information about contract work with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more information concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more details about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions that associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you would like to ask about any job shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class client services, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, We have managed to increase our client list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show verifiable credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will market your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer engineers have offered low-cost and effective network support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in key areas outside of our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have an active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to explain realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must be able scope out jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary network support firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you donít have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and personal maturity from being part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.