Among America's premiere computer consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of key business areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative models for finding clients, delivering service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build an international presence for providing online IT support. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information about Progent's job openings, company culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in important IT topics outside Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. In order to find out more information concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top consulting talent by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that allows for life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network provides sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and helps you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more information about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For answers to common enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of our available job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting propositions which align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can work on our staff of help desk service technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client care, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, We have been able to increase our client base dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show recognized credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you must have standard certifications for us to market. In case you stand adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and effective network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have an active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You must be able to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site client work is based on your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our support work can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated across California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth by being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.