Among the premiere computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of vital business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build an international presence for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details about our work opportunities, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand IT areas beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out more information concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Work with Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work model that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information about how we are different by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to solve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office model frees consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see answers to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting proposals which tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused fee model, We have managed to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our clients will expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will market your talents, but you must have basic certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer support expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client care, and following a strong, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You must have a strong background as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and be able to work effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able evaluate projects, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using custom software utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from other consulting companies is the quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you donít have excellent people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling any company's success, and we apply this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and personal maturity from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.