One of America's top IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a wide range of vital business applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build an international presence for delivering remote network assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and strong people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details concerning Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISM certified security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have specialized knowledge and field experience in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. To find out additional details about contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about ways that we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model utilizes advanced technical tools that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office network frees you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and helps you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common questions about becoming employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting propositions which associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's staff of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for talented administrators able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who have verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent can promote your talents, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to whom you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having a long work-related record and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to explain realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze jobs, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized application utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting firms is the quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling any company's success, and we follow this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.