One of America's premiere computer consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of key business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build an international organization for providing remote network service. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn more information about our job opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and working experience in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who can provide consulting and programming services for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. In order to learn more information about contracting jobs with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technology, plus an independent work model that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that Progent is unique by going to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates advanced technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Our virtual office network frees you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details about our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For answers to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Q&A.
This is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals that align our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you wish to ask about any opening shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details About Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have CCIE certification; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our staff of desktop service technicians and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong value-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer list rapidly while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will expand your skills through interaction with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can broadcast your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for us to work with. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in important technologies beyond our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base to which you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent people skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using specialized software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other network support companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly growing group of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.