Among America's premiere network consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- System security consulting
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a wide variety of vital business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting customers, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT support. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details about our job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth knowledge and field experience in crucial information technology areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to learn additional details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more details about ways that we are exceptional by going to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to deal with challenging IT problems. Our virtual office environment enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of some present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement propositions which associate Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco certification; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our team of desktop service specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented administrators able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, We have managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can promote your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for us to market. If you are strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer support expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important technologies outside of our core focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have an active client base for which you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should know how scope out tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from most consulting companies is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system is a crucial factor for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private maturity by being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.