Among the premiere IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad variety of vital business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative models for attracting customers, providing support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas outside Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide advice and programming support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. In order to learn more information concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons we are different by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical network issues. Our virtual office setting allows you to focus on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see replies to common enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service propositions which align our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our team of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong value-focused pricing model, We have managed to expand our client list dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients will expand your skills via interaction with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have recognized certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will promote your skills, but you need to provide standard certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful network support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong staff and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key areas outside of our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base to which you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent people skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate projects, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support services can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated across California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are probably a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience career and private maturity by acting as part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.