One of the premier network consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a wide variety of vital business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting customers, providing support, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning our work openings, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with proven knowledge and working background in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to learn more details about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information about ways that Progent is different by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office structure frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details concerning our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of service propositions which tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to join Progent's staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client care, and offering a competitive value-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills through interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and computer support to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show recognized credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. We will promote your skills, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective network consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client support, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job approval, customer needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects and/or have an active client base to which you now provide continuing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and know how to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to be able evaluate projects, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized software tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from other network support companies is the quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support work can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any company's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.