Among America's premier network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a wide range of key software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information concerning our work openings, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in crucial IT areas beyond our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. In order to find out additional information concerning contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technology, and a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information about how Progent is exceptional by going to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network uses sophisticated technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office model enables consultants to focus on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more details concerning our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of engagement proposals that associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you want to apply for any job listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client services, and following a competitive results-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you should provide standard certifications for us to market. If you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have an active customer base to which you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong people skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out jobs, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom software tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that separates us from other network support companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, however we are building a quickly expanding team of consulting experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our own network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and private maturity from acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.