Among America's premier IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a wide range of critical business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build an international organization for delivering online network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information about Progent's job openings, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network experts with CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and hands-on background in crucial information technology areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn additional information about contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client success, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information about how we are exceptional by referring to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office network allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to popular questions about being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals that align Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote support professionals. Also, We are hiring talented administrators able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will market your talents, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you are strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding our Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active client base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able scope out jobs, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using custom application tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from ordinary network support firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the job properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our support services can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a quickly growing team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and private maturity from being part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.