Among America's premiere computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of key software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for delivering remote network support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven knowledge and working background in important information technology topics beyond Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to learn additional details about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information concerning reasons Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to resolve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office setting frees consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to popular enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions which align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any position listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to join our staff of desktop service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive value-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our customer base rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering network consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have verifiable credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will promote your skills, but you need to have standard certifications for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and successful computer support services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer support, and following a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and strong references, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to articulate realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must know how scope out projects, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running custom software tools to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from most consulting firms is the excellence of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system is a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own network environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal maturity from being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.