Among the top computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide variety of critical software applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build an international presence for providing remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized expertise and hands-on background in crucial information technology areas outside our primary service concentration. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer advice and development services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more details about freelance jobs with our Experts Team, go to Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that Progent is unique by going to Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment provides sophisticated technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office structure frees you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Q&A
For replies to common enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement proposals that align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you want to ask about any opening listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's team of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client services, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing model, We have managed to increase our client base dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who have verifiable certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers expect certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you must provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to build a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project approval, client requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate tasks, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom application utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from other network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer availability is published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. We recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our own system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal growth by acting as part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.