Among the top computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide variety of key business areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing support, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing online IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network experts with CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details about staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven knowledge and working background in important IT areas outside Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. To find out more information about contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business model that accommodates life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details concerning ways that Progent is unique by going to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office structure allows you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more information about our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of our available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of service proposals which align our services with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can work on Progent's team of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive client services, and offering a competitive value-focused fee structure, We have been able to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer help to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show recognized certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you need to provide basic credentials for us to work with. In case you are strongly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, job approval, customer needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you need to be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our operational models for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of network experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth by acting as part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.