Among the top IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a broad range of vital software areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote IT support. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details concerning our job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized expertise and field experience in crucial information technology areas outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with our full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to find out additional information concerning contracting work with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more details about how we are unique by visiting Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office network frees you to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For replies to popular enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of service propositions which align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you want to ask about any position shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of help desk support technicians and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong value-focused pricing model, We have managed to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your skills via interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Team to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related history and strong references, and have current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong people skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You must be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able analyze jobs, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized software tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from typical consulting firms is the quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other key application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a rapidly growing group of network professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network is a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.