One of the top network consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented support experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of vital business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Creative models for attracting customers, delivering support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details about full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in important IT areas beyond Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. In order to learn additional information concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details about reasons Progent is different by referring to Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with challenging network problems. Our virtual office model frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets you build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more details about our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant income through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent questions about being a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of engagement propositions which tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our team of desktop service technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, We are looking for experienced managers able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing structure, We have managed to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can expand your skills via interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you need to provide basic certifications for us to market. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important areas beyond our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using proprietary software tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from other network support companies is the quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly growing team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care program to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network can be a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own system environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by being a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.