Among the top IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide range of key software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative structures for attracting customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to be among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international organization for delivering remote network support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer success and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information concerning Progent's job openings, business culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information about staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with proven expertise and hands-on background in crucial IT topics outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes contractors who can provide advice and programming services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to find out more details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible business structure that offers life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information concerning how we are different by visiting How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment uses sophisticated technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office network enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps you establish successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more information about our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable income through hard work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about our compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see replies to common questions about being employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of our present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting proposals that tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to join our staff of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong results-focused pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer support to small organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants who have recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support services for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas outside of our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer care, and following a proven, value-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having a long work-related record and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom software tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from ordinary network support companies is the quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout America. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this credo in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private growth from acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.