One of the premiere computer consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a broad range of vital business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding clients, providing support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning our job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details about full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth expertise and working background in high-demand information technology areas outside our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more information about contract jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the best professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent business structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more information concerning how we are different by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network provides sophisticated technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to deal with challenging IT issues. Our virtual office environment enables you to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants build lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information about our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement propositions that align Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's staff of desktop support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show recognized certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect certifications. We can promote your talents, but you must have a baseline of credentials for us to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting professionals have provided affordable and effective network consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in important technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from lead generation, project qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active client base to which you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able scope out jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized application tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from other consulting firms is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose income with regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support work can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you donít offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system is a pivotal piece for enabling any company's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience career and private maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.