One of America's top IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of key business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, creating an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote network support. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information about Progent's work openings, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network experts with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information about staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and working experience in high-demand IT areas beyond our main service focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. In order to learn additional information concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has managed to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business model that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details about ways that Progent is different by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network provides advanced technical tools that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to solve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office network frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets you build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting propositions that align our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, We have been able to increase our customer list rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. We can promote your talents, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you are adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field background in key technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused billing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to which you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent people skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom application utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from most consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited top talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income with regular commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site client work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of network professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a crucial factor for enabling a firm's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal maturity from acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.