One of the top computer consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide variety of key software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting clients, providing service, creating an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to be among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details about our work openings, company culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have in-depth knowledge and working background in high-demand IT areas beyond our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group hires contractors who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. To find out more information about contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning reasons we are unique by visiting How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to solve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office structure frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For replies to popular questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any job shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our client base rapidly while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have recognized credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. We will market your skills, but you must have standard credentials for us to market. If you are strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- Database support and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent customer support, and following a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base to which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized software tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical network support firms is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling a company's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by being part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.