Among America's premier computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad variety of key business applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing support, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online network support. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details about Progent's work openings, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and field background in important IT topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes contractors who offer advice and programming services for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network incorporates advanced technologies that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office network enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional information about our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of engagement proposals which tie Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you want to ask about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees to join our staff of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will market your skills, but you should provide basic certifications for Progent to market. If you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in important areas beyond our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active client base to which you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, running specialized application utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from other consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting services can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this credo in our corporate network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private growth by being part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.