Among the premier network consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a wide variety of key business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering service, creating an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details about our work openings, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; network consultants with CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have specialized knowledge and working background in important information technology topics beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To find out additional details concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have been able to recruit the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to handle challenging IT problems. Our virtual office network frees consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information about Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to frequent questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions that tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive results-based fee model, We have been able to increase our customer list rapidly while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants that have recognized certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will market your talents, but you need to have standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer support services for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas outside of Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration teams will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have an active customer base for which you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you have to be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom application utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from ordinary network support companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private maturity by being part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.