One of America's premiere IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide range of critical business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting customers, delivering service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network consultants with CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have specialized knowledge and field background in important IT topics beyond our main service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more details about contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details concerning how we are exceptional by visiting How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office structure allows consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to popular questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service propositions which associate our services with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Work with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are hiring talented administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class client care, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, We have managed to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. We will market your talents, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key areas outside of our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration teams will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have an active customer base for which you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support firms is the quality of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's success, and we follow this credo in our own system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.