One of America's premier IT consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a broad variety of vital business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, delivering service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international organization for delivering remote IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity experts who have CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about full-time consulting work at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven expertise and field experience in important information technology areas outside Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn additional information about freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work model that accommodates life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about ways that Progent is different by visiting Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment provides sophisticated technologies that support remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers with CCIE certification; security consultants with CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and following a strong value-focused fee structure, We have been able to increase our client base rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients will expand your skills through cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect credentials. We will market your talents, but you must provide standard credentials for us to work with. In case you are adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas beyond Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and following a strong, value-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having a long work-related record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong people skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You should know how to articulate realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you need to know how evaluate projects, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that separates us from other consulting companies is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.