Among the premier network consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of vital software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for finding clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled us to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client success and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details concerning Progent's job opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM accredited security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas outside Progent's primary technical focus. Our Experts Group employs contractors who offer consulting and development support for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Team, see Contract Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that we are exceptional by visiting How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical network issues. Our virtual office network frees you to focus on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more information about our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement propositions which associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can work on our staff of desktop service technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, We are looking for talented managers able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client services, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that have verifiable certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you must provide standard credentials for us to work with. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important technologies outside of our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how scope out projects, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using specialized application tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and retaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from most network support companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's success, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and freedom.