One of America's premiere computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a wide variety of vital software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed us to be among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE network engineers; system experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details about staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven expertise and field experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with our full-time consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more details about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the top professional experts by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business model that accommodates life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out more details concerning how we are exceptional by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model utilizes advanced technologies that support remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to solve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office structure allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more details about our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see answers to frequent questions concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of some current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any position listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and remote support experts. In addition, We are looking for talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, We have managed to expand our client list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show verifiable certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in key technologies beyond our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized application utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of consulting experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for enabling a company's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and personal maturity from being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.