One of America's top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented support experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of vital business areas and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish an international presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a customer service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information concerning our job openings, business culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP certified security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about staff professional services positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and working experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Team employs contractors who can provide advice and development support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. In order to find out more information concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business structure that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information concerning reasons Progent is unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office environment frees consultants to focus on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see answers to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service proposals which align Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you wish to apply for any opening listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are looking for talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class client services, and offering a strong value-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent client care, and practicing a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base for which you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from most consulting firms is the quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other key application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is located across California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.