One of the premier IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a broad range of vital business applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to be among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details about Progent's job openings, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and working experience in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more details concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent work structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more information about ways that we are different by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable money by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service propositions which associate our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to join our team of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for experienced administrators who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and following a strong results-based pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our client list dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will promote your skills, but you should have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. In case you are strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important technologies outside of our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and have current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able evaluate projects, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running custom application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from typical consulting firms is the quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support work can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing team of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you don’t have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and we follow this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and personal maturity from being part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.