Among the top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide variety of key business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote network assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information about Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with proven knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology areas outside our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To learn more information concerning contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, see Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work model that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information about how we are unique by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office environment enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional details about our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common questions about being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of engagement propositions that align Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you want to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees to join our team of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has been able to expand our client base rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our customers can expand your knowledge through cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will promote your talents, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer professionals have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in key technologies outside of our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should have a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active client base to whom you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and know how to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to explain proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate tasks, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from most consulting firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with daily commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.