One of the top IT consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide variety of key software areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for finding clients, providing support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a drive for a client success and strong people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information concerning our job openings, business culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details about staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with specialized knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology areas beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more information about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about how we are exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office network frees consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants establish successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information concerning our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of our present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement proposals that associate our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details About Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our staff of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive value-based fee structure, We have managed to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who have verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can promote your skills, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided low-cost and effective network support services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key technologies outside of our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base for whom you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having a long work-related history and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized application utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from other network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit program to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you donít offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.