One of America's premier computer consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a broad range of key software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information about our work openings, company culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system consultants with CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology topics beyond Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more information concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that we are different by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more details about our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable income through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent Q&A.
This is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service propositions that align Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of desktop service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client list dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your knowledge via cooperation with our group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and computer support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that have recognized certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can promote your talents, but you should provide basic credentials for us to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong staff and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important technologies outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent client care, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze jobs, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using custom application tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from most consulting firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.