One of America's premiere computer consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide range of critical business areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding clients, delivering support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details about our job opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network experts who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with specialized expertise and field background in important information technology topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn additional details about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technology, and an independent work structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more details concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by visiting How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment incorporates advanced technologies that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office environment frees you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional information concerning our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see answers to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Work at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support experts. Also, We are seeking talented managers able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client services, and following a strong value-based fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client base rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your skills through interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you should have standard certifications for Progent to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and effective network support expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in important technologies beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, client needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should be able evaluate tasks, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, using specialized software tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from other network support firms is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a quickly growing team of consulting experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for enabling any firm's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal growth from being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.