One of America's top IT consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a wide variety of key software areas and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer success and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information concerning our work openings, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth expertise and field background in important information technology areas beyond our main service concentration. Our Experts Group hires contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out additional information about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business model that offers life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more details about how we are different by going to Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office structure enables you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and lets you nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more information concerning our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement propositions which align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you would like to ask about any opening listed above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to join our team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and computer support to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you should have a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in important areas beyond Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base to which you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having a long work-related history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have strong people skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze projects, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from most network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a crucial piece for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.