Among America's premier computer consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide variety of critical software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build an international organization for providing remote IT expertise. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer service and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out more details about our job opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven knowledge and field experience in important information technology topics outside our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer advice and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn more information concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that allows for life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about how we are unique by visiting How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office network enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants build successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on Progent's staff of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced administrators able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a competitive value-focused pricing model, We have managed to increase our customer list dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can enhance your skills via cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect credentials. We can market your skills, but you must have standard credentials for us to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key areas beyond Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how analyze jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using custom software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from other network support companies is the excellence of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.