Among the top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a wide variety of critical software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, delivering support, creating a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to become among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details concerning our job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; network consultants with CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand IT areas outside our primary technical focus. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with our in-house professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out more details concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contracting Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more information about reasons we are unique by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to resolve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office environment frees consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting proposals which associate our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our team of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking talented managers who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you should provide standard certifications for Progent to work with. In case you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful network support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key areas outside of Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and following a proven, value-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You should show a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to whom you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You must know how to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able scope out tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, running custom software utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from most network support firms is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of our support work can be done off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private growth by being part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.