Among America's premiere IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad variety of vital business areas and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a customer service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information concerning our job openings, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized expertise and hands-on background in important information technology topics beyond our main service focus. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To learn more information about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client success, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible business model that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more information about how we are unique by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to handle business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office structure enables you to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out more details about our compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of some present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of service proposals that align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details About Work with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our staff of help desk service technicians and off-site support experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client care, and offering a competitive value-based fee model, We have been able to increase our client base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge via interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small companies will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can market your skills, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field background in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base to which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you must know how evaluate projects, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from most network support companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose income with daily drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting work can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from being a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.