Among America's top computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a broad variety of critical business areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information about our work openings, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system consultants with CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have in-depth expertise and working experience in crucial IT areas outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. If you want to learn more information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have managed to recruit the best professional talent by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information concerning how we are unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network uses sophisticated technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to deal with challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets you build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out more details concerning our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see answers to frequent questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting propositions that align our services with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you wish to apply for any opening listed above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for talented administrators able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong results-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills via interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can promote your skills, but you must have standard credentials for us to market. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to explain proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you should be able scope out tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using custom software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and retaining clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support work can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit program to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t have excellent people skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this belief in our own system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.