One of the top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of critical software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about our work opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and working background in high-demand information technology areas beyond our main technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires contractors who offer consulting and programming support for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our staff professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. In order to find out additional details concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Contract Work with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have managed to attract the best consulting talent by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and helps you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see replies to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of service proposals that align our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for talented administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing model, We have managed to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that have recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will market your talents, but you must provide basic credentials for Progent to market. If you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective network support expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and field background in important technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Our sales and administration teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have an active customer base for whom you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having a long work-related history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must be able scope out projects, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using custom application utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from other consulting companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located across California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit program to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.