One of America's top IT consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide variety of key business areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding customers, providing service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online network assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with a focus on a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Information About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven expertise and working background in important IT areas outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To learn additional details about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business model that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details about reasons we are unique by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office setting allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details about our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of some available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement propositions which align our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's team of desktop service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer list dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering network expertise and technical support to small companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you happen to be adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from lead identification, job approval, client needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base to which you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you need to know how evaluate jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from most consulting companies is the quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is published to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located across California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.