Among America's top IT consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented support professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad range of key business applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; system consultants with CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with proven knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology areas outside our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Work with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client success, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information concerning ways that we are different by going to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network uses sophisticated technologies that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office network enables you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out additional details about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus many other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions that tie Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you wish to apply for any position shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to join our staff of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong value-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas beyond our core focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, client needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able analyze tasks, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized application utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from other consulting firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top talent across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support work can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you donít have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth from acting as a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.