Among the top network consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of critical business areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information about Progent's job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand information technology areas beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional details about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work model that offers life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details about how Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office environment enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information about our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common questions about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of engagement proposals that associate our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any opening shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's team of help desk support specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for talented managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and offering a strong value-focused fee model, We have managed to expand our client base rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers can enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that have recognized credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect credentials. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you should have standard certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful network support expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in key areas outside of our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive client support, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from lead generation, project approval, client requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base for whom you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you must know how analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that separates us from most consulting firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose income because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our support services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's success, and we follow this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal growth from acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.