One of the premiere network consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a wide range of vital business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, delivering service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish an international organization for delivering online IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with proven expertise and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas beyond Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to find out additional details about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work structure that offers life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that we are different by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network provides advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to resolve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of our current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of engagement propositions which align Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any position listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of help desk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can expand your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will market your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer support services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in important areas outside of our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have strong people skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must know how to explain realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must be able evaluate projects, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom software tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from other network support firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to client needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, but we are building a quickly growing group of consulting professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.