Among the premier network consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide variety of key business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish an international presence for providing online network support. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details about our work opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven expertise and field experience in important IT topics outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with our full-time consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to learn more details about contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, see Contract Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business structure that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more information about reasons Progent is unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model provides advanced technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office environment enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to popular questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of consulting propositions that associate our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any job shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco credentials; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our team of help desk service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and following a competitive value-based fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that have verifiable credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you should have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful network support expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work experience in key technologies outside of our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You should be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you need to be able analyze projects, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running specialized application utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from other consulting companies is the quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent covering a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.