Among America's premier IT consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a broad range of key business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish an international organization for delivering online network assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details concerning our work openings, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; system experts with Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have specialized expertise and working background in important information technology areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to find out more information about contract opportunities with our Experts Team, go to Freelance Work at Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the best professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client success, use of advanced technology, and a flexible business model that offers life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information about reasons Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office structure frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more information about Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
For replies to popular enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions which tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on our staff of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-focused fee structure, We have been able to increase our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can expand your skills via cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have recognized credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and successful network consulting services for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important technologies beyond our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You should have a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes having a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You must be able to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to know how evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized application utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from other consulting companies is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is located across California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network can be a crucial piece for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.