One of the top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a wide range of key business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to be one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details about our work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven knowledge and working experience in high-demand IT areas outside Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To find out more information concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Team, go to Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details concerning reasons we are different by visiting How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Our virtual office model allows consultants to focus on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and helps you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For answers to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of engagement proposals which associate Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and following a strong results-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing network expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who have recognized credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, simply because a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you must provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and effective network consulting services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important technologies beyond our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Group to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from lead generation, job qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you have to know how analyze tasks, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical network support companies is the quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is located across California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system is a crucial factor for enabling any company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and experience career and personal growth from being a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.