Among America's top computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of vital software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to be among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote IT expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about our job openings, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven knowledge and field background in important IT topics beyond our main technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide advice and programming services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out more details concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the best consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business model that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about ways that Progent is different by referring to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment provides sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment enables you to focus on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details about our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant income by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting propositions that align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to ask about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have CCIE certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our customers can expand your skills via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical help to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that have recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you should provide standard certifications for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and successful network consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key technologies beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and following a proven, value-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related history and excellent references, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You should know how to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out tasks, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running specialized software tools to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from other consulting firms is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other key application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our support work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's success, and we follow this credo in our corporate network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and personal growth by being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.