One of the top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of critical business applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for finding clients, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to be one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out more details about Progent's job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth expertise and field background in high-demand information technology areas outside our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning how Progent is exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment incorporates advanced technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more information concerning our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting propositions which align Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on Progent's staff of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are looking for talented managers who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our client base dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. We can promote your skills, but you should have standard credentials for us to market. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important areas outside of Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must know how to explain realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able analyze projects, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, using specialized application tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however we are building a rapidly growing team of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own network environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal maturity from being part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.