Among America's top network consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide range of critical business applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build an international presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details concerning our work openings, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology topics beyond our main service concentration. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our staff professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out more information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning how we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network uses state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office structure frees you to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting traffic and lets you nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details concerning our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable money through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see answers to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals that associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to apply for any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco credentials; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's staff of help desk support specialists and off-site support experts. Also, We are hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and following a strong results-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers can expand your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you must have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective network consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base for which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having a long work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you must know how evaluate tasks, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using specialized application tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our operational models for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from ordinary network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is situated across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not have strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth from being a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.