Among America's premiere computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a broad range of vital software areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to be among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build an international presence for providing remote IT expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with a focus on a customer success and excellent people skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Details About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details about our job opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized expertise and hands-on background in important information technology areas beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small company networks. If you want to find out additional information about freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the top professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible business structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about reasons Progent is unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps you build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information about our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable income through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of consulting propositions that align our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you want to ask about any position shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our client base rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants who can show verifiable certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will market your skills, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support services for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, offering attentive client care, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have an active customer base to which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to be able scope out projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site client work is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's success, and we apply this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.