Among the top network consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of vital software areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing online IT service. If you are a certified IT technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with proven knowledge and field experience in high-demand information technology topics outside our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and development services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to learn additional information about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information about ways that Progent is unique by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model uses advanced technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office setting allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service propositions that tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any opening listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our staff of help desk service technicians and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge via cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on providing network expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have verifiable certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect credentials. We can broadcast your skills, but you must provide basic credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in key areas beyond our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- Database support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job approval, customer needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to explain proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should be able scope out tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from typical consulting firms is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, however we are building a quickly growing team of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal growth by being a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.