Among the top network consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide range of vital software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details about our job opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details about full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth expertise and field experience in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. To find out more information concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Team, go to Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more details about how we are unique by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment uses advanced technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office network allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to popular questions about being employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service proposals that tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's team of desktop support specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented managers able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a competitive value-based fee model, Progent has been able to expand our client base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you must provide basic credentials for us to market. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided low-cost and successful network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas outside of our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base for whom you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must know how to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, running specialized software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that separates us from ordinary network support firms is the quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our consulting work can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, however we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you donít have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a crucial piece for accelerating any company's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.