Among the top network consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a broad variety of critical business areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding clients, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build an international presence for providing online network support. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details concerning our job openings, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA certified security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven expertise and field background in important information technology areas beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional information concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to attract the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more details about reasons Progent is unique by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure frees consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting commutes and lets you build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement propositions which associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you wish to ask about any job listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our staff of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for talented administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and offering a strong value-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. We can market your skills, but you must provide basic certifications for us to work with. In case you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important technologies beyond our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have your own active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You must know how to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate projects, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you donít offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private growth from being part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.