Among the premier network consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a wide range of vital business applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details concerning our job openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA certified security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have specialized knowledge and hands-on background in crucial IT topics beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional information concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work model that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is unique by going to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment provides advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office network allows you to focus on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information concerning our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see answers to popular questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement proposals that align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you want to apply for any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to join our staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and following a competitive results-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our client list dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can expand your skills through interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your skills, but you must have standard credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in important areas outside of our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects and/or have your own active client base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related history and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You must know how to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from most consulting firms is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or mobile offices. You donít waste time or lose income with daily drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, however Progent is building a quickly growing group of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you donít offer strong communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial factor for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity by being part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.