One of the premiere IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a wide variety of vital business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing support, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled us to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish an international presence for providing online network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details about our work openings, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and field background in crucial IT areas beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Team hires contractors who can provide advice and programming support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional information about contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about ways that Progent is different by referring to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office structure enables you to focus on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and helps you nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional information about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through hard work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service proposals that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, We have managed to increase our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and computer support to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you need to provide standard credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key technologies beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small companies. We are always expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong people skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to explain realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate jobs, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital application, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose income with daily drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing group of network experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network is a crucial piece for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private maturity by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.