Among America's premiere IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a wide range of critical software applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting customers, providing support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network experts with CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand information technology areas outside Progent's primary technical focus. Our Experts Group hires contractors who offer advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to find out additional information about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent work model that offers life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more details concerning reasons we are unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to resolve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office structure allows consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of some available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service propositions that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any opening listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our staff of helpdesk support technicians and off-site support experts. Also, We are seeking experienced managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can promote your skills, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you are strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active client base to which you currently provide continuing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should be able evaluate jobs, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running specialized application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from other network support companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key application, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity from being part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.