One of the premier network consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of vital software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting clients, providing support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote network service. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information about our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network consultants who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have specialized expertise and working background in crucial IT topics outside our main service focus. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To find out additional information about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Jobs at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more details about reasons we are unique by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment utilizes advanced technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to deal with challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information about our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to frequent enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of service propositions which associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for talented managers who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive value-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will promote your talents, but you need to provide standard certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to whom you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have strong people skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom application utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.