One of the top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of critical business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, delivering support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online network support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information about Progent's job openings, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE network engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven knowledge and field background in important IT areas outside Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us cooperate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details about how we are unique by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information about our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable money through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service propositions which tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's team of help desk support technicians and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and following a strong value-focused pricing structure, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can expand your skills via cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on providing network expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show recognized credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect certifications. We can market your talents, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to work with. If you are strongly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting professionals have provided low-cost and effective network consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important technologies beyond Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and following a strong, value-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base for whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant history and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how scope out jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using custom application utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support work can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding group of consulting experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for accelerating any company's success, and we follow this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.