Among America's top IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a broad range of critical software areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build an international organization for providing remote IT expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client success and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out more details about Progent's work openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven knowledge and working experience in crucial IT topics beyond our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who offer consulting and development support for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. In order to learn more information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work structure that offers life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network uses advanced technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office model enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable income through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions which align Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and following a strong value-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants who can show verifiable certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you should have a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective network consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in key areas beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active client base to which you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate projects, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom software tools to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you don’t have strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.