Among America's top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a wide range of key software areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for providing online network assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details about our work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with in-depth expertise and field background in crucial IT topics outside Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development support for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our staff professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. To learn additional details concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and an independent work model that offers life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information concerning ways that Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information about our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent FAQs.
The following is a description of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of engagement proposals which align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you wish to ask about any opening listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants with CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on Progent's staff of help desk support technicians and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class client care, and offering a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology expertise and computer support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in important technologies outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a proven, value-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base to whom you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having a long work-related history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using custom software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from most consulting firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of network experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth by being a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.