Among the premiere network consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of critical business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for attracting customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to build an international organization for providing remote network service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about Progent's job openings, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with specialized expertise and field background in crucial information technology areas outside our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to find out additional details concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about reasons Progent is unique by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technologies that enable off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to focus on providing service instead of fighting commutes and helps you build lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to common enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of service proposals that align our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and off-site support experts. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong results-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show verifiable certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for us to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided low-cost and effective network support services for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important technologies beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to which you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having a long work-related history and strong referrals, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to articulate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate jobs, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running custom application utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from most consulting companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue with daily drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís success are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you donít have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and we apply this credo in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.