Among the premiere IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a wide range of critical business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information about our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; system consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information about full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with specialized knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who offer advice and development support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. To learn more details about freelance work with our Experts Team, go to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work structure that accommodates life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details about reasons Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office network allows you to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and offering a strong results-based fee model, We have managed to increase our customer list rapidly while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show recognized credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. We can market your skills, but you should provide basic credentials for Progent to work with. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have provided low-cost and successful network support services for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work experience in important technologies beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- Database support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from lead generation, project approval, client needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active client base to which you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to explain realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able analyze projects, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom software utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from other consulting companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue with daily drives to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system is a crucial factor for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal growth by being part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.