Among the premiere IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a wide range of vital business areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing support, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote network service. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Information About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about our work openings, company culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized expertise and working experience in crucial information technology areas beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To find out more information about contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent business structure that offers life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details about ways that Progent is exceptional by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical network problems. Our virtual office setting allows consultants to focus on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement propositions that align Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco credentials; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is seeking talented managers able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a competitive value-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will promote your skills, but you must have basic credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our information technology engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer support services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in key areas outside of our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base for which you now provide continuing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of daily drives to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our own system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and personal growth by being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.