One of America's premier computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a wide variety of vital software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote network service. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information about Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with proven expertise and field background in crucial information technology areas outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional details about freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about ways that we are exceptional by going to Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office network frees consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more about our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to popular questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals that align Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you wish to apply for any opening shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Work with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's team of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and technical help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show recognized certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can promote your skills, but you need to have basic certifications for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong staff and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active client base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related history and strong references, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You should be able to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you need to know how scope out tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom application tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our business models for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from most network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our support work can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing team of network professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private growth from being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.