One of America's top network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of key software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, delivering support, creating an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to become among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online IT support. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with a drive for a customer service and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about our job openings, business philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity consultants with CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires contractors who can provide advice and programming support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with our full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out additional details about freelance work with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to attract the best professional experts by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details about how Progent is different by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network incorporates advanced technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office environment frees consultants to focus on providing service rather than fighting commutes and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable money by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For replies to common questions about being a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of service propositions which align our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong value-based fee model, Progent has been able to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting professionals have provided low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in key technologies beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related history and strong references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must be able to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you should be able analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running specialized software utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other vital application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our support services can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. We recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for enabling a company's growth, and we follow this credo in our own system environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from being part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.