Among America's premier network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified service experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a wide range of vital business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online IT service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details about Progent's work openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also seeking veteran managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out additional information about contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent business model that allows for life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more information about ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technologies that support remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable money through persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service propositions that associate our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and offering a strong results-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients will expand your knowledge through interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that have recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you should provide standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Team to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base for which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how scope out jobs, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary application tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from most consulting companies is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is situated across California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you donít offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for enabling any company's success, and we follow this credo in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private growth by being a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.