Among the premiere computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide range of key software applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering remote IT service. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology topics outside our main technical focus. Our Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer advice and development services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional information about freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Jobs at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent work model that offers life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details about ways that we are different by visiting Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment uses advanced technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more details about our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of service propositions that tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
For a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your skills through interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have recognized credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can promote your talents, but you need to provide basic certifications for us to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important areas outside of our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client care, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong references, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you must know how scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from most network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support services can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, however we are building a quickly growing team of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.