One of the top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of critical business areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to be among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote IT support. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details about our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; system experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in high-demand information technology areas outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our staff professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional details about contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Work with Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business model that offers life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more details about ways that Progent is different by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network incorporates advanced technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting propositions that tie Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to apply for any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and remote support experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class client services, and following a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills through interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can promote your skills, but you need to have basic certifications for us to work with. If you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have provided low-cost and successful network support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies beyond our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you must be able analyze tasks, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from other consulting firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of network experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal growth by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.