Among the top computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a wide variety of critical business applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a customer service and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network consultants with Cisco credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and working experience in high-demand IT topics outside our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To find out additional information concerning freelance work with our Experts Team, go to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that allows for life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that we are different by going to Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps you build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent FAQs.
This is a description of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our team of help desk support technicians and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a competitive value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your skills via cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants that have recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will promote your talents, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you are adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client care, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how analyze jobs, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from other network support companies is the quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue with regular drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to client needs via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is located across California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial factor for accelerating a company's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private growth by being part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.