One of the premier computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of key business applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to be one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out more information about Progent's job openings, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in important IT areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small company networks. If you want to learn additional details about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more details about reasons Progent is unique by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and helps you build successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of consulting proposals which align Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and following a competitive value-focused fee model, We have managed to increase our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. We can broadcast your talents, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important technologies outside of our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Team to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You must have a strong background as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active client base to which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You must know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must be able analyze projects, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized application tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting work can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t have strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network is a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's success, and we follow this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.