One of America's top IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of critical software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding customers, providing service, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled us to be one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote IT support. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details about our job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven knowledge and working experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group hires contractors who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to find out more information about contracting jobs with our Experts Team, go to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work structure that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more information concerning ways that Progent is different by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve challenging network issues. Our virtual office environment frees consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's team of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are hiring talented administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a competitive value-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our client base dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants who have recognized certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. We will market your skills, but you need to provide basic credentials for us to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and effective network support expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas beyond Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base to which you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out projects, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized software tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our operational models for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly growing team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís success are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for enabling a company's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal growth from acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.