Among America's premier computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a broad variety of vital business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring clients, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning our job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and working experience in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with our full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To learn more information concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Contract Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about ways that Progent is unique by visiting How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office setting allows you to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals which tie our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you wish to ask about any position shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on Progent's staff of help desk support specialists and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills through cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on providing network expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show recognized certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer support services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects and/or have an active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how scope out tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, using custom application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from typical consulting companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our support work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, however we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience career and personal growth from being a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.