One of the top IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad range of vital software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a customer success and excellent people skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information concerning Progent's work openings, company culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system experts who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM accredited security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in important information technology areas outside Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more information concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, use of advanced technology, and an independent work model that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about reasons we are unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to handle business-critical network issues. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out additional information concerning our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For answers to common questions about being a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of service proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join Progent's team of help desk support specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and following a competitive value-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills through interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. We will market your talents, but you should provide basic certifications for us to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have offered low-cost and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas outside of our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have an active customer base for which you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You should know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must be able analyze projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using custom software utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from other network support firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our support work can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of consulting experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not have strong communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network is a crucial factor for enabling a company's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.