Among the premiere computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a broad range of vital software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to be among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online network support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about Progent's job openings, business culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology areas outside Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with our full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn additional information about contract work with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work model that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented consultants who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more details about how we are different by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment provides advanced technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details about our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income by persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of our present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and following a competitive value-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you should have basic credentials for us to market. If you are strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important areas outside of Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able analyze jobs, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from typical network support companies is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's success, and we follow this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity by acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.