Among America's top IT consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a wide variety of key software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about Progent's job opportunities, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information about full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with proven knowledge and working background in high-demand information technology areas beyond our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional details about freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work structure that offers life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about ways that Progent is different by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office network enables you to focus on providing service rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more information about our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of engagement proposals that tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for talented administrators able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-based pricing model, We have managed to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who have recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you should have a baseline of certifications for us to market. If you stand adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and field background in key areas beyond Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You must have a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base to which you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent people skills and be able to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must be able evaluate projects, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running custom application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other network support companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's success, and we follow this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and private maturity by being part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.