Among the premiere network consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of key business areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for attracting customers, delivering support, creating a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online IT service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's job openings, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information about staff consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with proven expertise and field experience in crucial information technology areas outside our main service focus. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To find out more details concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details about reasons we are different by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model provides sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to solve challenging network issues. Our virtual office network allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details about our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For replies to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of consulting proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you would like to apply for any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to join our team of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client services, and following a strong value-based fee model, Progent has managed to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you must provide basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered low-cost and successful network support expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong staff and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in important technologies beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from lead identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active client base to whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You should know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from other network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from home-based or mobile offices. You donít waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support work can be performed off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling any company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience career and private maturity by being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.