Among America's top network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented service professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide variety of critical business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build an international organization for providing online IT service. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out more details about our work openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and working experience in important information technology areas beyond Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. To find out more information about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business model that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more details about ways that we are different by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technologies that support off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to deal with challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent FAQs.
This is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement propositions which tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees who can join our team of desktop support specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced administrators who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a strong value-based fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show recognized certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. In case you are strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important areas beyond our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from lead generation, job approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to which you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and strong references, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and be able to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to explain realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you need to be able scope out jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using custom application tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you don’t have strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth by being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.