One of the top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of key business areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding clients, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote network support. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with a focus on a customer success and excellent people skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out More Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details about Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and working background in important information technology topics outside Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information about ways that we are exceptional by going to How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to deal with challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office setting allows you to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of service proposals which align our services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco credentials; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our team of help desk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class client care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee model, Progent has managed to expand our client list dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent will market your skills, but you need to have basic credentials for Progent to market. If you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and effective network consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in key areas beyond our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent client care, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active client base for which you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how analyze projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running custom software tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from typical consulting firms is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity from acting as a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.