One of America's premier computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of critical software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring customers, delivering service, creating an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven expertise and working experience in crucial information technology areas outside our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to learn additional details about contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus an independent work model that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more information about reasons Progent is unique by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model provides sophisticated technologies that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and helps you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information about our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income by persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to popular questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement proposals that associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you wish to apply for any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with CCIE certification; security professionals with CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to join Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for experienced administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our client base rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can promote your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have an active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long work-related record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should know how to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical consulting firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a quickly growing group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own system environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity by being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.