One of the top computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a broad variety of critical software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish an international organization for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and strong people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about our job openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; system consultants with Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven expertise and working background in crucial IT topics outside Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. To find out more information about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details about how we are unique by referring to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model uses advanced technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network problems. Our virtual office network allows you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals which associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you want to apply for any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to work on our team of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze tasks, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom software utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from most network support firms is the quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of our consulting services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding group of network professionals throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system is a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal maturity by being part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.