Among America's premier network consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a wide range of critical business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning Progent's job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven knowledge and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond our main service concentration. Our Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our staff professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. In order to find out more information concerning contract jobs with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have managed to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent work structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons we are unique by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network incorporates advanced technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office network enables you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information about Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service proposals that associate our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you wish to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our staff of desktop service technicians and off-site support experts. Also, We are looking for talented managers who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive value-based fee model, We have managed to expand our client list dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants who have verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in important technologies beyond our core focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base to whom you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized software utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other consulting firms is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top talent across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective skills of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is building a quickly growing group of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network is a crucial factor for enabling a company's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private maturity from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.