Among America's top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service experts who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a wide variety of key software applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, delivering service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote network expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn more details concerning our work openings, business philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; system consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in crucial IT areas outside our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that offers life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information about reasons we are exceptional by visiting How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office model frees consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service propositions which tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you want to ask about any job listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to join Progent's team of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and following a strong results-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing network expertise and technical support to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants who have recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect credentials. We can promote your skills, but you need to have standard certifications for Progent to market. If you are adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important technologies beyond our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent customer support, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations staffs will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you need to know how evaluate projects, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using specialized application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from other network support companies is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our support work can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network can be a crucial factor for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience career and personal maturity from being a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.