One of America's premiere IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a wide variety of vital business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online network assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants who have CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology topics outside Progent's primary technical focus. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To find out additional information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has managed to attract the best consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business model that offers life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details about ways that we are unique by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
This is a list of some present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of service propositions that align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco certification; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, We are looking for talented managers who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong results-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our customers can enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who have verifiable certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will market your skills, but you must have standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and effective computer support services for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to which you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out tasks, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary software tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from other network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth by being a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.