Among America's premiere IT consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a broad range of key business applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Office Access database development, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing remote network expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's work openings, company culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants who have CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and field background in important information technology areas outside our main technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To find out more details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that we are unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model utilizes advanced technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to deal with challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure enables you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps you build successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information about Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about our compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see replies to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals which associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on our team of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, We have managed to increase our client list rapidly while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. We can market your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer professionals have offered affordable and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you should be able evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom software utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top talent across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal growth by acting as part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.