One of America's premiere network consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of key software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build an international organization for providing remote network expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details about our job opportunities, business culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth expertise and working experience in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To find out more information about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible business model that allows for life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about reasons Progent is exceptional by going to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets you build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more about our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of some present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information about Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service propositions that align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee model, We have managed to increase our client list dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers can expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will market your skills, but you must provide standard credentials for us to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective network support services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from lead identification, job approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and have current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to communicate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running specialized application utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from most consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system is a crucial factor for enabling a company's growth, and we follow this credo in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.