Among the top network consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of vital software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish an international organization for providing remote network service. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer success and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details concerning our job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and working experience in high-demand information technology areas outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our staff professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out additional information about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information about ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office structure frees you to focus on providing service instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information about Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable money through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of our available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting propositions which align Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on our staff of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you need to provide basic certifications for us to work with. If you are strongly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas beyond Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active client base to which you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom application utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our business models for finding and maintaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from most consulting firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of our support work can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout America. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private maturity from being part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.