One of the top computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a wide variety of key software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for finding customers, delivering support, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote network expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details about full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven expertise and hands-on experience in crucial information technology topics outside our main technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires contractors who offer advice and development services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more details concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible work structure that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about ways that we are unique by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment provides sophisticated technical tools that support remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information about Progent's virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For replies to popular questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service proposals that align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to apply for any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to work on Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a strong results-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will market your skills, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important technologies beyond our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base for which you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must be able to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should be able scope out jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running custom application tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from most consulting companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience career and private maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.