Among America's top network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad variety of vital software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in high-demand IT topics outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out additional details about contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network utilizes advanced technical tools that support off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Our virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and helps you build successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details about our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to popular questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement propositions which tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join our staff of desktop service specialists and remote support experts. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and following a strong results-based fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who have recognized credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers expect certifications. We can market your skills, but you need to have basic credentials for us to market. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in key areas beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive customer support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active customer base for which you currently provide continuing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from other network support firms is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with daily drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our support services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding group of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network can be a crucial piece for enabling any company's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal growth from acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.