Among America's premier network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a broad variety of key software applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network support. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about Progent's job opportunities, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network experts with CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and field background in important IT topics outside Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to learn more details concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Work at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have been able to recruit the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details about ways that Progent is different by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network provides sophisticated technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to deal with business-critical network problems. Our virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to popular enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of consulting proposals which align our services with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you want to apply for any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join our staff of desktop service technicians and remote support experts. In addition, We are looking for talented administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and following a competitive results-focused fee model, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer support to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you should provide standard certifications for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas beyond Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active client base to whom you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong people skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to articulate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must know how analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running specialized application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that separates us from other consulting firms is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private maturity from being a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.