One of the premier computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a wide variety of critical business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting customers, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build an international organization for providing remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information about Progent's work openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven expertise and field experience in high-demand IT areas beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Group includes contractors who offer advice and development support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To find out more details about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have been able to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business model that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details about reasons we are unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office environment enables you to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants build successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service propositions that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you would like to apply for any job shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco certification; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on Progent's staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong value-based pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants that have recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will promote your talents, but you must have a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base to which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from other consulting firms is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's growth, and we apply this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity from being part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.