One of the top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a wide range of critical business applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring clients, delivering service, creating an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering online IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a drive for a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details concerning our job opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven knowledge and field background in important information technology areas beyond our main service concentration. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide advice and development services for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional details about contracting jobs with our Experts Team, go to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the best professional experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, commitment to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent business model that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information about how Progent is unique by referring to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network uses advanced technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to focus on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional details about our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent Q&A.
This is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement propositions which align Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive value-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that have verifiable certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you must have standard certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important areas beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent customer care, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to know how scope out projects, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose income with regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you donít have excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's success, and we follow this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private maturity by being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.