One of the premier IT consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide range of key business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, providing support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to become one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering remote IT support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Information About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information concerning our work openings, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; network experts with Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond our main service focus. Our Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and programming support for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with our full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To find out more details concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information concerning reasons we are different by visiting How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment uses sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to solve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office setting allows consultants to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions that associate Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to join our team of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client services, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer base dramatically while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your skills through interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will market your talents, but you should provide standard certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas beyond Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Team to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer care, and following a strong, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related history and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other network support firms is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose income because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network is a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own system environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal maturity by being part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.