One of the top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad variety of critical business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details about Progent's work openings, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning staff consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven expertise and field background in crucial information technology areas outside Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more details concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, go to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the best consulting talent by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client success, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that offers life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more details concerning how we are different by referring to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with business-critical network problems. Our virtual office environment allows you to focus on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and helps you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more information about our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money by hard work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent questions about being employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals that tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to ask about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive client care, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our client base rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing network consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who have verifiable certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer professionals have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important areas outside of our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and following a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base for whom you now deliver continuing support services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how scope out tasks, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from most network support companies is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a wide range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but Progent is building a quickly growing group of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network is a pivotal piece for enabling a company's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity by being a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.