Among America's top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- System security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a wide range of key business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding customers, delivering service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information about our job opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven knowledge and hands-on experience in important information technology topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with our staff professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To find out additional details about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about ways that we are unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment provides advanced technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key components of service propositions that tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network consultants with CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's team of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong value-based fee model, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills via cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective network support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Group to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database management and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer support, and following a proven, value-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base for whom you now deliver continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should know how to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you have to be able scope out tasks, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other vital application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current consultant schedules are published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network is a crucial piece for accelerating any company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience career and personal growth from acting as a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.