Among America's top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of vital business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to be among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA accredited security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized expertise and working experience in high-demand IT areas beyond our main technical concentration. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with our in-house professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To learn additional details about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that we are exceptional by referring to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model utilizes advanced technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to solve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office structure allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants build successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more details concerning our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about our compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some present job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of engagement propositions which associate our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our team of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and offering a strong results-based fee model, We have been able to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
For a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you must have standard certifications for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas beyond Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for whom you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized software utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from most consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client needs through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of consulting professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private growth from acting as part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.