One of the premier network consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of vital business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for delivering remote network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details about Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand information technology topics beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer advice and development support for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn more information concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work structure that offers life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more information concerning ways that Progent is unique by referring to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office structure enables you to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money through persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see answers to common questions about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of service proposals that align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to join our team of desktop support technicians and remote support professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced administrators able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class client services, and following a competitive results-based fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will expand your knowledge via interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer engineers have offered affordable and effective network consulting services for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to which you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing a long work-related history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running specialized application tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer availability is published to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the package by offering a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's success, and we apply this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth from being a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.