Among the top network consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a broad variety of key software applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to be one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish an international presence for providing online network expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details about our job openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven expertise and hands-on background in important IT areas outside our main technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Work at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details about how Progent is unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment incorporates advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to handle business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on providing service instead of fighting traffic and helps you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable money through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals that tie Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Work at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco credentials; security consultants with CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's team of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-focused fee model, We have been able to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and computer support to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants that have recognized certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you should provide basic certifications for us to work with. If you are strongly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in important technologies outside of our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to explain proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary application tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, current consultant availability is published to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting experts from across America. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's growth, and we apply this belief in our own network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth by being part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.