Among the premier computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified service experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a wide variety of critical business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information concerning Progent's work openings, business philosophy, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP certified security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven expertise and hands-on experience in crucial information technology areas outside Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Team includes contractors who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to learn more information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, go to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more information concerning reasons Progent is different by going to How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network provides advanced technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information concerning our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common questions about becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of service proposals that associate our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you want to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees to work on our team of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented managers able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive value-focused pricing model, We have managed to increase our customer base rapidly while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our customers can enhance your skills through cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who have recognized certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. We will market your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in key areas outside of our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive client support, and following a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active client base to whom you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should know how scope out jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized software tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from other consulting companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support services can be done remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California, however we are building a quickly growing group of network experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network is a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal growth by acting as part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.