One of America's top computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide variety of critical software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details concerning Progent's job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven expertise and working background in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out additional details about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Work with Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible business model that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more details concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by going to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting commutes and helps you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions that associate Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to join our staff of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are hiring talented managers able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers can enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and computer support to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. We can market your skills, but you must provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective network consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key technologies outside of our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom software tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client needs via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a crucial piece for enabling any company's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity from being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.