Among America's top network consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of vital business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about Progent's job opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and field experience in important IT areas outside our main service focus. Our Experts Group employs contractors who offer advice and development services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn additional details about contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, use of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about how we are exceptional by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and lets you build successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more details concerning our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent Q&A.
This is a list of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key components of service propositions that align Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any opening listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to join Progent's staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a competitive value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing network consulting and technical support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your skills, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in key areas outside of our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base to whom you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using specialized application tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other consulting companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with regular drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, however Progent is building a quickly growing group of network experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our own network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal growth from acting as part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.