Among America's premier IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide range of vital software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build an international presence for providing remote IT service. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning our work opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have specialized expertise and field experience in important IT topics beyond our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To find out additional information about contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work model that offers quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is different by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment utilizes advanced technologies that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office structure frees consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional information about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of service propositions which align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to ask about any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, We have been able to expand our client base rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you should have basic credentials for us to market. In case you are strongly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are always expanding our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active client base to whom you currently provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having a long work-related record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and be able to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to communicate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but we are building a quickly expanding team of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.