One of America's top network consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a wide range of critical business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for attracting customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and strong people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about our job opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have specialized expertise and working experience in high-demand IT topics outside our main technical focus. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer advice and development support for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional details about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Work with Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent work structure that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information concerning how we are different by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network provides advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office model enables consultants to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and helps you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of consulting propositions that associate our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you wish to ask about any opening shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on Progent's team of help desk support specialists and remote support experts. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and offering a strong value-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants who have recognized certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you should have basic credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our computer engineers have offered affordable and successful computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having a long work-related history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom software tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling any company's success, and we apply this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.