One of the premiere network consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of critical business applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build a worldwide organization for providing online IT expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or network consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information about our job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; system experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven knowledge and working background in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires contractors who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance contractors premier by us cooperate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more details concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details about how we are unique by referring to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment uses advanced technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging IT problems. Our virtual office network enables consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and helps you build successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by hard work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to popular questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of some current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of engagement proposals which associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class client services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our customer list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who have recognized certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will promote your skills, but you must provide standard certifications for us to market. In case you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and effective computer support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important areas beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base to which you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how scope out projects, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using custom software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose revenue with regular drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do remote support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located across
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'
Subscript out of range: 'RndRange(...)'
/header-subr.asp, line 2229