Among the premier IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented service professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a broad variety of critical software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding customers, providing service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for providing online network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn more details about Progent's work opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; network consultants who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in crucial IT areas outside our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out more details about contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information about how Progent is different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment enables you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you wish to apply for any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's staff of desktop service technicians and remote support experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our client list dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that have verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will promote your skills, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related history and strong references, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should be able to communicate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you have to know how scope out jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, running proprietary software utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical network support companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private maturity from acting as part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.