One of the top network consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide range of key software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information about our job openings, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time consulting work at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To learn additional details concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information about ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network provides sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps you build successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of consulting proposals that associate our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to work on our staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client services, and following a strong value-focused pricing structure, We have managed to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients will enhance your skills via cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology expertise and computer support to small companies will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can market your talents, but you need to provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting professionals have provided affordable and successful network support services for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in key areas outside of Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, value-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base for which you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having a long task-relevant record and strong references, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should be able to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you should know how scope out projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running proprietary software tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that separates us from ordinary consulting firms is the quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.