One of the premiere computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad range of vital business applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for finding clients, delivering service, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build an international organization for providing remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a focus on a client service and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information concerning our work openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; network consultants who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and field background in crucial IT topics outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and development services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To learn additional details about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning how Progent is different by going to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office model frees you to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and helps you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting proposals that associate our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to work on our staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and following a strong value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will market your skills, but you must provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas beyond our core focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are always expanding our Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base to which you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to communicate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running proprietary application utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with regular drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a rapidly growing group of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth by acting as part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.