Among the premier IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a wide variety of critical business areas and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring customers, delivering service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish an international presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about our job openings, business culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; network consultants who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and working background in high-demand IT areas outside our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide advice and programming services for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional information about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to attract the best professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technology, and a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning how Progent is unique by referring to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment incorporates advanced technical tools that support off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging network issues. Our virtual office model allows you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants build lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking talented managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and computer support to small organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show verifiable certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will promote your skills, but you must have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and successful network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must show a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have an active client base for whom you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate tasks, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary application tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and retaining clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from most network support firms is the excellence of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the package by offering a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling a company's success, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and private maturity from being part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.