Among America's premiere network consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a wide variety of critical business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing online network service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about our work openings, company culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and working background in high-demand IT areas outside our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more details about freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more information concerning reasons Progent is different by referring to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office setting allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets you build lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more details about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see replies to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement proposals that align Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee model, We have been able to increase our client list dramatically while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will enhance your skills through cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and computer support to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will promote your skills, but you need to provide standard credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas beyond Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing a long work-related history and strong references, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you should be able scope out jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using custom software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support firms is the quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located across California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of network experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and we apply this credo in our own network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.