One of the top IT consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified service professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a wide variety of critical software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about our job openings, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized expertise and hands-on background in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To find out additional details concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have managed to recruit the best professional talent by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information about ways that Progent is unique by going to Ways That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model uses advanced technologies that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office structure allows you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you establish successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information concerning our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement propositions that align Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our staff of desktop service specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive value-based fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our client list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can enhance your knowledge via interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show recognized credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you must provide basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas beyond Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You should know how to articulate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out projects, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling any company's success, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.