Among the premier computer consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a wide variety of critical business areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for finding customers, providing service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning our job openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven knowledge and working background in important information technology topics beyond our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. If you want to find out more information about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more information concerning how we are unique by visiting How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to solve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office model enables you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals which tie our services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you want to enquire about any opening listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees to work on Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, We are hiring talented managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and computer help to small organizations will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show recognized certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers expect certifications. We can promote your talents, but you should have standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client care, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active client base to whom you now provide continuing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you should be able analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, running specialized software utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of our support work can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling any company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.