Among the top network consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of critical software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for finding customers, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international presence for providing online network support. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details About Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information about Progent's job opportunities, company culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; network consultants with Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking veteran managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with proven expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional details about freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details about reasons Progent is exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Our virtual office network enables you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable money through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular questions about being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of consulting propositions which align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you wish to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on our staff of helpdesk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client services, and following a strong value-based pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our client base rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who have recognized certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect credentials. We can promote your talents, but you should have a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have offered low-cost and successful network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field background in important technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent client care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, client needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base to which you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You must be able to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should be able scope out projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary software utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from typical network support firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own network environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private maturity from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.