One of America's top IT consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad range of critical business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build an international organization for delivering online network service. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details about our job opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand IT areas beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Our Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. In order to find out additional information about contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about how we are unique by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to deal with challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of service propositions which align Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you wish to apply for any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can work on our staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support experts. Also, We are looking for talented managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and following a strong value-based fee structure, We have been able to increase our client list rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your skills through cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you should have basic certifications for us to market. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base for which you now provide continuing support activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must know how scope out jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network is a crucial factor for enabling any company's growth, and we follow this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal maturity by acting as part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.