One of the premier computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad range of critical software applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding clients, providing support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote IT assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and strong people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Information About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about Progent's work openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system consultants with CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth expertise and working experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide advice and programming support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To learn additional details about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details concerning how we are different by visiting Ways That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network provides sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office setting allows consultants to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets you build lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco certification; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join Progent's team of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong results-based pricing structure, We have been able to increase our client base dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with our group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important areas beyond Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, client needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to explain proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from most consulting companies is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you donít offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity from being part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.