Among America's top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support experts who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide variety of key software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network consultant with a focus on a client success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning our job openings, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; system experts who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISA certified security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with proven expertise and field experience in crucial information technology topics beyond our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who can provide consulting and development support for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to learn more details about freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent business model that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about reasons we are unique by referring to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment provides sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to deal with challenging IT issues. Our virtual office model enables you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details about our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For replies to popular questions about being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting proposals which align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you wish to enquire about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on our staff of help desk support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Group to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive client care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from lead generation, project qualification, client needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom application tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the work properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose income with daily commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our consulting work can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California, however we are building a quickly expanding team of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience career and personal maturity from acting as part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.