One of America's premier network consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad range of key software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information concerning our job openings, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized expertise and working background in important IT topics beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Group employs contractors who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out more details concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible business structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details about ways that Progent is unique by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model provides advanced technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to solve challenging network problems. Our virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For replies to frequent questions about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service propositions which tie Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can work on Progent's staff of help desk support specialists and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive value-focused fee model, We have managed to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills through interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and technical support to small companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can promote your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important technologies beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from lead identification, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and possess current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should know how evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom software utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the work properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however we are building a quickly growing group of consulting professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's growth, and we apply this credo in our own network environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity from acting as part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.