One of America's top IT consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a wide variety of key business applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to be among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering remote network assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information concerning our job opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and field experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our staff professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To learn additional details about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details about reasons we are different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model frees you to focus on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
The following is a description of our present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of engagement proposals that associate our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco certification; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can join our staff of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and offering a strong results-based pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering network consulting and computer support to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will market your skills, but you should have standard credentials for us to market. If you are strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key technologies beyond our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and be able to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to communicate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is published to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.