Among the top network consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad range of vital software applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for attracting clients, providing support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have enabled us to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build an international presence for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn more information about Progent's work openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP certified security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology areas beyond our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons we are unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information concerning our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent questions about being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of some current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our team of help desk support technicians and remote support professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer base rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers can expand your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for us to market. If you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered low-cost and effective network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key areas beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and strong references, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should know how to explain realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, using custom software tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support firms is the quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial factor for enabling any company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and private growth by being a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.