One of the top network consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a broad variety of vital business areas and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering support, creating an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer service and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn more information concerning Progent's work openings, company philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information about staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology topics outside Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Team hires contractors who offer advice and programming support for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. To learn additional details concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business structure that offers life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more details about reasons Progent is unique by visiting How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office model frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant income by persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any position shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your skills through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to market. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have provided low-cost and effective network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important areas outside of our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active client base for which you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how analyze jobs, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running custom software tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical consulting companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You donít waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our support work can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are published to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our own system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.