One of America's top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a wide range of key software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 training
Creative structures for finding clients, delivering support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information concerning Progent's work openings, company philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with proven knowledge and field experience in important information technology topics outside Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional details concerning contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, see Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent work structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information concerning reasons we are different by visiting How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network utilizes advanced technical tools that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more details about Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see answers to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals which tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's team of desktop support specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will enhance your skills via cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants who can show verifiable certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. We will market your talents, but you should provide standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have provided affordable and effective network support services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas beyond our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project approval, client requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You should be able to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, using specialized application utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top talent across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to client needs through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you donít have excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for enabling any company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from being a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.