Among America's premiere IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad range of critical software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled us to be one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online network service. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and working experience in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. If you want to find out additional details about contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best professional experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details about how we are different by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network provides state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office network allows you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and lets you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on what you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service proposals that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's team of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive value-based pricing structure, We have managed to increase our client base rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your skills through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and computer support to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants that can show verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for us to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful network consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base to which you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant record and strong references, and possess current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and be able to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from typical consulting firms is the quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the work properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with regular commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to client requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but we are building a rapidly expanding team of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal growth by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.