One of the top IT consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of key business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting customers, delivering service, creating an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing remote IT assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information concerning our work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; network experts who have CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and working experience in high-demand information technology areas outside our primary service focus. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer advice and development support for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out more details concerning freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to attract the best professional experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work model that accommodates life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more details about how we are unique by visiting Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment uses sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more information about Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of service proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any opening listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco certification; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of desktop support specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a strong results-based fee model, We have managed to expand our client list dramatically while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and computer support to small companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you must provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in important technologies outside of our core focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent customer support, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from lead generation, job approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have an active customer base to whom you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong references, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You must know how to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using proprietary application tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and retaining clients.
The main factor that separates us from ordinary network support companies is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do remote support only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, however we are building a rapidly growing team of network professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.