Among America's top network consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a wide variety of critical business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for finding customers, providing service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build a worldwide organization for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information concerning our work openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM certified security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have specialized knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contracting work with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent work structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about how we are unique by going to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Our virtual office setting frees consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information about Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of some current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service propositions that align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any opening shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and following a competitive value-based fee model, We have managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your knowledge through cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you need to provide standard certifications for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, value-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary application tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from other network support firms is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose income with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting work can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private maturity from being part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.