One of America's premier IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide variety of critical business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for finding clients, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing online network assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out more details about Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized expertise and field background in crucial IT topics beyond our main technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with our in-house professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To learn additional details about contracting jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office network allows you to focus on providing service rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to popular enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions that align Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on our team of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong value-focused fee model, We have managed to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who have recognized credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will promote your talents, but you should provide basic certifications for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting services for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related history and strong references, and possess current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have strong people skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to articulate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able evaluate projects, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using proprietary software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that separates us from other network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with daily drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our support services can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit program to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t have strong people skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system is a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private growth by being part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.