One of America's top network consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of vital business applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build an international presence for delivering online IT support. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more information concerning Progent's job openings, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven expertise and working background in high-demand IT topics beyond our main service concentration. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more information about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent business model that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more details concerning ways that we are exceptional by referring to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network uses advanced technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to solve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office environment allows you to focus on providing service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of consulting proposals that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to ask about any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class client services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee model, We have been able to increase our customer list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect credentials. We will market your skills, but you must provide standard certifications for us to market. In case you are adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful network support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key areas beyond our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active client base to whom you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you need to know how scope out projects, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized software utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for accelerating any company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and private maturity by acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.