Among America's premiere IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide variety of key business applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing support, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to be one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information about Progent's work opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized knowledge and field experience in crucial IT areas beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning how we are exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to handle business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office environment enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and helps you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting proposals which align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you wish to ask about any job listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of desktop service technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and following a strong results-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our client base rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our customers can enhance your knowledge via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you should provide basic credentials for us to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in important technologies outside of Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive client support, and following a strong, value-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having a long work-related record and strong referrals, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have strong people skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running specialized software tools to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support companies is the quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is located across California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you donít have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network can be a crucial piece for enabling any company's success, and we follow this credo in our corporate network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal growth by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.