Among America's top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide range of vital software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing support, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details about our job openings, business culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information about staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have proven expertise and working background in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more information concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business model that offers life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that we are different by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office network allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see answers to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to apply for any position listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong results-based fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will promote your talents, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for us to work with. In case you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in important areas outside of our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a proven, value-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out projects, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running custom software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that separates us from other network support companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective experience of our team of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of network experts from across America. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience career and personal growth by being a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.