Among America's premier network consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of critical software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn more details about our work opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about staff consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial information technology topics outside our primary technical focus. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional information about contract work with our Experts Team, go to Contract Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible business structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that Progent is unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network utilizes advanced technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to handle business-critical network problems. Our virtual office structure frees you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money through hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of service proposals which associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you want to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on Progent's team of help desk service specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client care, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing model, We have been able to increase our client base dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. We can broadcast your skills, but you must have standard credentials for us to work with. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key areas beyond Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, value-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base for which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant history and strong references, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must be able scope out projects, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from most network support firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly growing team of consulting professionals throughout America. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.