One of America's premiere network consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a wide variety of critical business areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding customers, providing service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details concerning Progent's job openings, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; system experts with Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP certified security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and working experience in important information technology areas outside Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out more information concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have managed to attract the best consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business model that allows for life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about reasons Progent is unique by referring to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technologies that support remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office structure allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants build lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more about our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of engagement propositions that align Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can work on Progent's staff of help desk support specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, We are hiring experienced administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class client care, and offering a strong results-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our client list dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who have verifiable credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you should provide basic certifications for Progent to market. If you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field background in key technologies beyond our core focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base to whom you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our business models for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from most network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating a company's success, and we follow this credo in our own system environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from being part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.