One of America's premiere network consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide range of critical software areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts with Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and working background in crucial IT topics outside our main technical focus. Our Experts Group employs contractors who can provide advice and programming support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out additional information about contract work with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more details about how Progent is exceptional by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular questions about being employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of service proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco certification; security consultants with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our team of helpdesk support specialists and remote support experts. In addition, We are hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who have verifiable certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you should provide standard certifications for us to market. If you are adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a talented staff and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job approval, client needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base to which you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong people skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support companies is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít waste time or lose income with daily commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting work can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you donít have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling a company's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.