Among the top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad range of key business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for attracting customers, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build an international organization for providing remote network support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about our work opportunities, business culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; network consultants with Cisco credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized expertise and field experience in important information technology areas outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors premier by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to find out additional information concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work model that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information about reasons we are exceptional by visiting How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network incorporates advanced technologies that enable off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to deal with challenging IT issues. Our virtual office environment frees consultants to focus on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and helps you establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional information about our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting propositions that align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you want to apply for any opening listed above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's staff of help desk support specialists and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. We can promote your skills, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to market. If you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project approval, client needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active client base for which you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to communicate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to be able analyze tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support firms is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the package by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling a company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private maturity from acting as a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.