One of the premier computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad variety of critical software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for delivering online network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more information about our job openings, business culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; network consultants with CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology areas outside our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that we are different by going to Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular questions about being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement proposals that align Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on Progent's team of help desk support specialists and remote support experts. In addition, We are seeking experienced administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer help to small organizations will give you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent will market your talents, but you must have basic credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in important areas beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Team to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have strong people skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able scope out projects, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary software tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from other consulting companies is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.