Among the premier network consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of vital business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online network support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn more information about our work openings, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network experts with CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details about full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in crucial IT topics beyond our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and development support for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our full-time professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more details concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client success, use of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more details about how Progent is unique by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model utilizes advanced technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details about our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
For replies to frequent questions about being a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you would like to ask about any opening listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can join Progent's team of help desk support specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, We are hiring talented administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong results-focused fee model, We have managed to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers can expand your knowledge via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and computer support to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. If you happen to be adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer support services for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in key areas beyond our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job approval, client requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base for whom you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to be able analyze projects, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, running proprietary application utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and retaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the job properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is published to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth from being part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.