One of the premiere network consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a wide variety of key business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative models for finding clients, delivering support, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote network support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details about our work opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; system consultants with CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and working experience in important IT areas outside our main technical focus. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional information concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Team, go to Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more information about reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment uses advanced technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office setting allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more information about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more details about our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For replies to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of our current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service propositions which associate our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any position listed above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have recognized certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. We can market your skills, but you need to have basic credentials for us to work with. If you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in key technologies beyond our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- Database support and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You should have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should be able analyze projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using specialized application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates us from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private maturity by being part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.