Among America's top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of key business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Information About Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; system experts who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven knowledge and working background in crucial IT areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn additional details about contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus an independent work structure that offers life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is different by visiting How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to solve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance plus many other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of consulting proposals that associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants with CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for talented administrators able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong value-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and computer help to small companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for us to work with. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field background in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to which you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must know how to articulate proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must know how analyze jobs, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary application tools to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít waste time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you donít have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and private growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.