Among the top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of key business areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote network service. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with proven expertise and field background in important information technology topics outside Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires contractors who offer consulting and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn additional information about contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the best professional talent by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more information concerning reasons Progent is unique by going to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates advanced technologies that enable off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office model allows you to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting traffic and helps you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information concerning our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of engagement propositions that align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you wish to apply for any position listed above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and following a competitive results-focused fee structure, We have been able to increase our customer list dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will expand your knowledge via interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants who have verifiable certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can promote your skills, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important technologies outside of Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base to whom you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and be able to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able analyze jobs, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, using custom application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from other network support companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network can be a crucial factor for enabling a firm's success, and we apply this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal maturity from being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.