One of the premier network consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a wide variety of key business areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build an international presence for delivering remote network assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details about Progent's job opportunities, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with proven expertise and hands-on background in high-demand information technology topics beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out additional details concerning contract work with our Experts Team, refer to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the top professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information about how Progent is different by visiting Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network provides advanced technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to focus on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and helps you build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Q&A
For answers to common questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of engagement proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, We have been able to increase our client base dramatically while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you must have a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you are strongly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in important technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. We are always expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive customer support, and following a proven, value-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base for whom you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical consulting firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with daily commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, however we are building a rapidly expanding group of network experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling any company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private maturity by being part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.