Among the top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of critical business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote network support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information concerning Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; system experts who have Cisco credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and working background in important IT topics beyond Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. In order to find out additional details about freelance jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technology, plus an independent work model that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information concerning how Progent is unique by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office network frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details about our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details about our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of service proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you would like to ask about any opening listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and following a strong value-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show recognized credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers expect certifications. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you should provide basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided affordable and successful network consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing support services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how scope out projects, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using specialized application utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal growth from acting as a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.