One of the premiere computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a broad variety of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for finding clients, delivering support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about our job opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and working background in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent business model that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model uses advanced technologies that enable off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting enables you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details about Progent's virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of service proposals which align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you want to ask about any job listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to join our staff of desktop support technicians and remote support experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class client services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have been able to increase our client base rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and technical help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants who have recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will promote your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer professionals have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in key areas outside of our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job approval, client needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related history and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you should know how scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using custom software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from ordinary network support firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is located across California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you donít offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth from being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.