One of the premiere IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of critical business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online network assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details about our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts with CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM accredited security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven knowledge and working background in crucial IT areas outside Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and development services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn additional details about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business model that allows for life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more information concerning how Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to handle challenging IT problems. Our virtual office structure allows you to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting traffic and helps you build lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional information about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of some current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of engagement proposals that tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco certification; security professionals with CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-based fee model, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and computer support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show recognized certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and effective network support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- Database support and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have an active client base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to explain realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able scope out jobs, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom application utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from other consulting firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support services can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing team of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity from acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.