Among America's premiere network consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a wide range of critical business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details concerning Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with proven expertise and field background in high-demand IT areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with our in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to find out more information about freelance jobs with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details about reasons we are exceptional by going to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable income through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of some available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service propositions which associate our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client services, and following a competitive results-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will market your skills, but you need to provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of our core focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have an active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you have to be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running custom software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates us from other consulting firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client work is based on your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network is a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and we apply this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity by being a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.