Among America's top IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of key software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote network expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more independent career, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about Progent's work openings, company culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in high-demand IT topics beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn additional details about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is unique by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model provides advanced technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office model enables you to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional details about our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions that tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have been able to increase our client base dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect certifications. We can market your skills, but you should provide basic certifications for us to market. In case you stand adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and successful network support services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you currently provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing a long work-related history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you need to know how analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom software utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a crucial piece for enabling any company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal growth by being part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.