Among the premier network consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a wide variety of critical business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Creative structures for finding clients, providing service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish an international presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details about full-time consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with proven knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand IT topics beyond our primary technical focus. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that we are different by going to How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information concerning our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For answers to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting propositions which align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you want to apply for any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join our team of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and following a strong value-based fee model, Progent has been able to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills via interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. We can broadcast your skills, but you should have basic credentials for us to work with. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies outside of our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding our Experts Team to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active client base for which you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and be able to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you must know how analyze jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized software tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining our business models for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from other network support companies is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network is a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private maturity from being part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.