Among America's top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of key business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, delivering support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to become among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information concerning our work openings, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas beyond our main service focus. Our Experts Team hires contractors who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. In order to find out additional information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Jobs at Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information about ways that we are exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable money through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of service propositions which tie our services with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing model, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering network consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who have recognized credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you must have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. In case you are strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in important technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, client requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base for which you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to communicate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized application utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from other network support companies is the quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of network professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth by acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.