Among the premiere IT consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of vital business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information concerning our job openings, company philosophy, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network consultants who have Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer advice and development support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment incorporates advanced technical tools that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office network enables you to focus on providing service rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details concerning our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting propositions which align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any opening listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's team of desktop service specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a strong results-based fee model, We have managed to increase our client base rapidly while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your skills via interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer help to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will market your skills, but you must have basic certifications for Progent to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in important technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active client base to which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to explain realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how analyze tasks, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that separates us from typical consulting firms is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling any company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal maturity by being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.