One of the top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of critical business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details about our job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth knowledge and working background in important IT topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer advice and development support for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn more details about contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons Progent is different by visiting Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging IT issues. Our virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more details about Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income through hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
For answers to popular questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of consulting proposals which tie Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on our team of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client care, and offering a strong value-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client list dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants that have recognized credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can broadcast your skills, but you need to provide basic credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in important areas beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate tasks, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running proprietary software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from other network support firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective experience of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of our consulting work can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, current engineer availability is published to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a rapidly growing team of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for enabling a company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal growth from acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.