Among the premier network consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of critical business areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding clients, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network consultants with CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized expertise and working experience in high-demand IT topics beyond our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who can provide advice and programming services for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional information about contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more information about reasons Progent is unique by going to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment provides advanced technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office structure enables you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more information about Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant income through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
This is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting proposals that tie our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can join our team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is looking for talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client care, and offering a competitive value-based fee model, We have managed to increase our customer base rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect credentials. Progent can promote your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer engineers have offered affordable and effective network consulting services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in key technologies outside of our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- Database management and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base to which you currently provide continuing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have strong people skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to explain realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that separates us from most consulting companies is the quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with regular commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth by acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.