One of America's top network consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad variety of key software areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing service, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to be one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote network expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with a focus on a client success and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details concerning our job openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM accredited security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning staff professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with proven knowledge and field experience in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who offer advice and development services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small company networks. To find out additional information about contract work with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model provides sophisticated technologies that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office network allows consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets you establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more details about our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant income through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular questions about being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions that associate our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you would like to apply for any opening listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can expand your knowledge via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that have verifiable certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you should have standard certifications for Progent to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client care, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base to which you currently provide continuing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out projects, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary software utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from other consulting companies is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client work is based on your schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the package by providing a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal maturity from being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.