One of the premiere network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a wide range of key software applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting customers, providing service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish an international presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in crucial information technology areas outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team employs contractors who can provide advice and programming support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional details about contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning how we are unique by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network provides sophisticated technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office model frees you to focus on providing service rather than fighting commutes and helps you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information about our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting propositions which align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any job listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our team of desktop service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to increase our customer base rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have recognized credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you need to have basic certifications for us to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from lead identification, job approval, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base to whom you now deliver continuing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong people skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to communicate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from other consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network is a crucial piece for enabling a company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our own system environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by acting as a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.