One of the premier network consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a wide range of critical software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring customers, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information concerning our work opportunities, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized expertise and hands-on experience in crucial IT topics beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional information concerning contract jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about reasons Progent is different by referring to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you want to enquire about any position listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, We are looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show recognized certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent can promote your skills, but you must have a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you stand adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting services for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in key technologies beyond our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base to which you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having a long work-related record and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to communicate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should be able evaluate tasks, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized application utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from most consulting firms is the excellence of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support services can be performed off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting experts from across America. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit plan to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's growth, and we apply this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and personal growth by being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.