Among America's top IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a broad variety of critical business applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring clients, providing support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing online IT expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Information About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network consultants with Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand information technology topics outside our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. In order to learn additional details concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Work at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more details concerning reasons Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office network enables you to focus on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of some present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement propositions that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any position shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our staff of desktop service technicians and remote support experts. In addition, We are looking for talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and offering a strong results-based pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client base rapidly while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our clients will enhance your skills through interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to provide basic credentials for us to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful network support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important areas beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You must know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom software tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from typical consulting companies is the quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is located across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a crucial piece for enabling a company's success, and Progent applies this credo in our own network environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.