One of America's top IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad variety of key software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for finding customers, providing support, creating an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to be among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish an international presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, business culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming support for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. In order to find out more details concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contract Work at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information about how we are unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure allows you to focus on providing service rather than fighting commutes and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of engagement propositions which align Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for talented administrators able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and following a strong results-based fee model, We have been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will expand your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants who have recognized certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you should have standard credentials for us to work with. If you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer engineers have provided affordable and effective network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job approval, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base for which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to explain realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able analyze projects, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running custom application tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical network support companies is the quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly growing team of network experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for enabling any company's growth, and we apply this belief in our own system environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and personal growth by being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.