One of the top IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad variety of vital business areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access database development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information about our job openings, business culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; network consultants who have CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and field experience in crucial IT areas beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to find out more details about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is different by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network provides advanced technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to resolve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office setting enables you to focus on providing service instead of fighting commutes and helps you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more details about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable money by persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement proposals which align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco credentials; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to work on our staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, We are seeking talented managers who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills via cooperation with our group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can promote your skills, but you need to have basic certifications for Progent to work with. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have provided low-cost and effective network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base to whom you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized software tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining our operational models for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our support services can be done off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience career and personal maturity from acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.