Among America's top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of key business areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information about Progent's job openings, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network consultants who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and field background in important information technology topics beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning contract work with our Experts Team, go to Freelance Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business model that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning reasons we are different by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to resolve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and helps you build successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see replies to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of some available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service proposals which associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have CCIE certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring talented administrators who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our client base dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will market your skills, but you must have basic certifications for Progent to market. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important areas beyond Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now provide continuing support activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You must know how to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able scope out tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using proprietary application tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting companies is the quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó all from home-based or mobile offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting services can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is building a quickly growing group of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.