Among America's premiere IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented service professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a wide range of critical business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish an international organization for providing online network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details concerning Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have specialized expertise and working experience in important information technology topics outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and development support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To learn additional details about contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have been able to recruit the top professional experts by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more details concerning how Progent is unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to solve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office network allows consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common questions about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
This is a list of our available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions which associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's staff of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are seeking talented managers who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and offering a strong results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and computer help to small organizations will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have recognized certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert computer support engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in important technologies beyond our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, offering attentive customer support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from lead identification, job qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent people skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our business models for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that separates us from ordinary consulting firms is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is published to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding group of network professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal factor for enabling any company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.