One of the premiere computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a broad range of critical business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT support. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Details About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details concerning our work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system consultants who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and hands-on background in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and programming services for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional details about contract work with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible work model that accommodates life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by going to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network incorporates advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to deal with challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of service proposals which align Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any opening listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's team of help desk service specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client services, and following a competitive value-focused pricing structure, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your skills through interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who have recognized certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in important areas outside of our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent customer care, and following a proven, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for which you now provide continuing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and know how to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you should know how evaluate jobs, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from other consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is situated across California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and personal maturity from being part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.