One of America's top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a wide range of vital software areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international organization for providing remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details concerning Progent's work openings, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized expertise and field background in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To learn more information about contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Work with Progent.
How We Are Different
We have managed to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details about how we are unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technologies that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more information concerning our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement propositions which associate Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our staff of help desk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client services, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your knowledge via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and technical help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you should provide standard credentials for us to market. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have provided affordable and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in key technologies beyond Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from lead generation, project approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You should have a strong background as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base for which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you need to be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from most consulting firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support work can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of consulting professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our corporate network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal growth from acting as part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.