One of America's top IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a broad variety of key software areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT support. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information concerning our job opportunities, company culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; system experts with CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth expertise and working background in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. In order to find out additional information about contract jobs with our Experts Team, refer to Freelance Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details about ways that Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model provides sophisticated technologies that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office structure enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more information concerning our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common questions about being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement proposals which associate our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join our staff of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring talented managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to have basic certifications for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you have to be able scope out projects, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from most consulting firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with regular commutes to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by being a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.