One of the top network consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a broad variety of critical software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, providing service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish an international organization for providing online IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISM certified security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information about full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with proven knowledge and working background in crucial IT topics outside our main service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our staff professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To find out more details about freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to attract the best consulting talent by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible work structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details about how Progent is different by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more information about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by hard work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to common enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of some current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement propositions that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong value-based fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who have recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must provide basic certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have offered affordable and successful network support expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas outside of our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer support, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from lead identification, job approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for which you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have strong people skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running custom software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our business models for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical network support firms is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located across California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a crucial factor for enabling any firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.