Among the premier IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a wide range of critical business applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for finding clients, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information About Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out more information about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven knowledge and working background in crucial information technology areas beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more details concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent work model that offers life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details about how Progent is different by going to Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technologies that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and helps you build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional information concerning our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see answers to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of service propositions that align our services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client services, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing model, We have been able to increase our customer base dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that have recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in key areas outside of our core focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, job qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have an active client base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant record and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how scope out jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running custom application utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support firms is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of our support work can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the package by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and personal growth by being a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.