Among America's top computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a wide variety of key business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide organization for providing online network assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn more information about Progent's work opportunities, company culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; network consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning contract jobs with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more details about how we are unique by referring to Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office network enables consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more information about our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more details about our compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service proposals which associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class client care, and offering a strong value-focused pricing model, We have been able to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants who have recognized certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you must provide standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field background in key areas beyond Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from lead generation, project qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should be able to explain realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must be able evaluate projects, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized software utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue with daily drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you donít have excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a crucial piece for enabling any company's growth, and we follow this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and freedom.