Among America's premier computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a broad range of vital business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding customers, providing service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with a focus on a client service and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details about Progent's work openings, business philosophy, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; system consultants who have CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and working experience in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and development support for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. To find out additional details about contract opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details about reasons we are unique by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office model frees consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting proposals that align Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you wish to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco certification; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client services, and following a competitive value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can market your talents, but you should provide standard credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful network support services for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in important areas outside of our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to whom you now provide ongoing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have strong people skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using specialized application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue with regular drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.