One of America's premiere network consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a broad variety of key business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for delivering remote IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, living a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information about our job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven expertise and field background in important information technology areas beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn additional information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible work structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more information concerning ways that we are exceptional by going to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network incorporates advanced technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office setting frees you to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details about Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to frequent questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions which tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can join our team of desktop support technicians and remote support experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a strong value-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our client list dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your skills through interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that have recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can market your talents, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration teams will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base to whom you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that separates us from other network support companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of our support services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, but we are building a quickly growing team of network professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you donít have strong people skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.