One of America's top computer consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a wide range of vital business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding clients, providing support, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish an international presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about our work opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; system consultants who have CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and working background in crucial IT areas beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To find out additional details about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select consultants who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more information concerning how Progent is different by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network uses sophisticated technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you build lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of some current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions that align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any job shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive value-focused pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering network expertise and technical help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show recognized credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will promote your skills, but you need to provide standard certifications for us to work with. In case you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting professionals have provided affordable and effective network support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in important areas beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing a long work-related history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to explain realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you must be able analyze jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized software utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of network experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you donít have strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial factor for accelerating a company's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth by being part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.