One of America's premier computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a wide range of key software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative models for attracting customers, delivering support, creating an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build an international presence for delivering online IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about our job opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; network experts with CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven expertise and working background in important information technology topics beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Group employs contractors who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more details concerning how we are exceptional by referring to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to solve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more details about our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant income through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement propositions that associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you want to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to join our team of help desk service technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are looking for talented managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive client services, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, We have managed to increase our client list dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have verifiable credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients expect credentials. We will promote your skills, but you need to provide standard credentials for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting professionals have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base to whom you now provide continuing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and know how to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to know how analyze jobs, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using specialized application utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from most network support firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling any company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private maturity by acting as a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.