Among the top network consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide variety of vital business areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding clients, providing support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's work opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer advice and development services for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible work structure that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more details concerning ways that we are unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technologies that support off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network issues. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information about our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see answers to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of our current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting proposals that align Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any opening listed above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's team of desktop service technicians and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a strong value-focused fee model, We have managed to expand our client list dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills through interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show recognized certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can promote your talents, but you must have standard certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our sales and administration teams will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, client requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active client base for which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from most network support firms is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with regular commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, but we are building a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal growth by being a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.