Among the top network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of critical software applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out more information concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have specialized expertise and hands-on experience in crucial information technology topics beyond our main service focus. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and development services for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To find out more information about freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have managed to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to deal with challenging IT problems. Our virtual office model allows consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable income through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you want to apply for any opening listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join our team of help desk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong value-focused fee model, We have managed to increase our customer base dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who have recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you should have a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and successful network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a talented consulting group and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in important technologies beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have an active client base to whom you now deliver continuing support services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate tasks, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized software tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from most network support firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with regular drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your time table, not ours. The best part is that much of our consulting services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, but we are building a rapidly growing group of network experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.