Among America's premier IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad range of critical software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build an international presence for delivering online network expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details concerning our work openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and working background in important IT topics outside our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who offer advice and development support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional information about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the best professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work structure that accommodates life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model incorporates advanced technologies that allow remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office structure allows consultants to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions which tie our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to apply for any job shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join our team of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our client base rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants who have recognized credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you must provide basic certifications for us to work with. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer support services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field background in key technologies beyond our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you need to know how scope out jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from typical network support companies is the quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with regular drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a pivotal piece for enabling any company's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private maturity by acting as part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.