Among America's top computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a wide range of key software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build an international organization for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven expertise and working experience in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn more details concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Team, go to Freelance Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information about how Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and lets you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information concerning our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Q&A.
This is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement propositions which tie our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any opening listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is seeking talented managers able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and following a competitive results-focused fee model, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our customers can enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that have verifiable certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you need to have standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of expert computer support engineers who have advanced skills and work background in important areas beyond Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You must have a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active client base for whom you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how scope out projects, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized application utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, but we are building a quickly growing group of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network is a pivotal piece for enabling a company's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private growth by being a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.