Among the top computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a wide range of key business areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to be among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build an international presence for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out more details about our work opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Team employs contractors who offer advice and development support for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To learn more information concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, go to Freelance Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting talent by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, commitment to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work model that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning reasons Progent is different by referring to Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network provides advanced technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve challenging network problems. Our virtual office network frees consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting commutes and helps you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details about our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
For answers to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals which tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco certification; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our staff of desktop support specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a strong value-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who have verifiable certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent can promote your skills, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a talented staff and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in key areas beyond Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and following a strong, value-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active client base to whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing a long work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You should know how to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom application utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from most network support companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with regular drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and we apply this credo in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and private maturity by being part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.