Among the premiere network consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a wide variety of vital software applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing online network service. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about Progent's job openings, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven knowledge and field background in important information technology topics beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. To learn additional details about contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network provides sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and helps you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more details about our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement propositions that align our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you want to ask about any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are hiring experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong results-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our client base rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must have a baseline of credentials for us to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer support expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in key technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and strong references, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom software utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and retaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of network experts from across America. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the package by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling a company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private maturity by being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.