Among America's top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of vital business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning our job openings, company culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; network consultants who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes contractors who can provide consulting and development support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn more information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning how Progent is unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office model allows you to focus on providing service rather than fighting commutes and helps you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more details concerning our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable income through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of service propositions which associate Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any opening listed above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can work on our staff of desktop support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and following a strong value-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients will expand your skills via interaction with our group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you must provide basic credentials for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base to which you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from typical consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the package by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you donít offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private maturity from acting as a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.