Among America's top network consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad range of key software applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to build an international presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn more details concerning Progent's job openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also hiring desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven knowledge and field background in important IT topics beyond our primary technical focus. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To learn more information concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that Progent is unique by going to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office setting enables consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting commutes and helps you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details concerning our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable money through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of our available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement propositions that align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any position listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented administrators able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client list dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants that can show verifiable certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you must have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base to whom you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how scope out projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom software utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's support work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is published to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity from being a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.