One of the premier IT consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a broad range of key business areas and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out more details concerning our job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and field experience in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more details concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details concerning how Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model incorporates advanced technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office model allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more details about our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For replies to common questions about being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of service proposals that align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our staff of desktop service technicians and remote support experts. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your skills via cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that have recognized certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you should provide basic credentials for us to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in important technologies outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You must be able to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you must know how analyze tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running custom application utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining our business models for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from ordinary network support firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the package by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity by being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.