Among the top network consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a wide variety of vital software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding clients, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about Progent's job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; system consultants who have CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in important information technology areas beyond our primary technical focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and development services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn more information concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work model that offers quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is different by going to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office model frees you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by what you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our team of help desk service technicians and off-site support experts. Also, We are looking for talented administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your skills via interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have recognized credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will promote your skills, but you must have basic credentials for us to work with. In case you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have provided affordable and effective network support expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key areas outside of our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to which you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using specialized software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the work properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of consulting professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal growth from being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.