Among the premier IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of key software areas and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online IT service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about Progent's work openings, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about staff professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with proven knowledge and working experience in crucial IT topics beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about how Progent is exceptional by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to solve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on providing service rather than fighting commutes and lets you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details about our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out more details about our compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement proposals that associate Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you want to apply for any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on our team of help desk support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking talented administrators who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a strong results-based fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can expand your knowledge through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your skills, but you need to provide standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies outside of Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You must have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant record and strong references, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using proprietary software tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from most consulting companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the work properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income with regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting work can be done remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system is a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.