One of America's premier IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad range of key business applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for finding customers, providing support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a client success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about Progent's job openings, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with proven expertise and field background in important IT topics beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Group includes contractors who offer advice and development support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To find out more information concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more information about how we are different by referring to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to handle business-critical network problems. Our virtual office structure allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details about our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For answers to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent FAQs.
The following is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions that align our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you want to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to join Progent's staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and offering a competitive value-focused fee structure, We have been able to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our customers can enhance your skills via interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that have recognized credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can market your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important technologies beyond our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client care, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base for which you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related record and excellent references, and have current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how analyze jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom application utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from most consulting companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing team of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and personal growth by acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.