One of America's top IT consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of key software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, delivering support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote network support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn more details concerning Progent's job openings, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized knowledge and working background in important information technology topics beyond Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with our staff professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To find out additional details about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent business structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning how we are unique by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical network issues. Our virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps you nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information about Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of engagement proposals that associate our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
If you want to enquire about any position listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco credentials; security consultants with CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of desktop support specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, We are looking for talented managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our client list dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills via interaction with our group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you must provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field background in important technologies outside of our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, value-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects and/or have your own active client base to whom you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you have to know how analyze projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from most network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your own time table, not ours. The best part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and we apply this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.