Among America's premiere IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of key software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven knowledge and field experience in crucial IT topics outside our main technical focus. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and development services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the top professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client success, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details about ways that we are exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office network enables you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For replies to popular enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you want to apply for any position listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our staff of help desk support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong results-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can enhance your skills via cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. We will promote your skills, but you must have basic certifications for Progent to work with. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have an active client base to which you now provide continuing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must be able analyze projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from most consulting firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's support work can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is situated across California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network is a crucial factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own network environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private maturity by being part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.