Among the top network consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented service professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of key software applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, providing service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build an international presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information about Progent's work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM accredited security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in crucial IT areas beyond Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Group hires contractors who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. To find out additional details about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the best professional experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more details about how we are unique by referring to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional information concerning our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For answers to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of engagement proposals which align Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants with CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and following a competitive results-based pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you should have a baseline of certifications for us to market. If you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, job approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from most consulting firms is the quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the job properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of network professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a crucial factor for enabling a firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own network environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and private growth from acting as part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.