Among America's top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a broad range of critical business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing support, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote IT support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To find out more details concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details about reasons we are different by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network incorporates advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office model frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more information about our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
For replies to common questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service proposals which associate our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network engineers with CCIE certification; security professionals with CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can join our staff of desktop support specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a competitive value-focused fee model, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in important technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, client needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You should know how to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate tasks, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our business models for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of our consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, but we are attracting a quickly growing group of network experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a crucial factor for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.