Among the premier IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad range of key software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting customers, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to build an international presence for providing online IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and working experience in important information technology topics beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer advice and development services for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our full-time professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out more information concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Team, see Contract Work with Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is unique by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technical tools that support remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office network enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information about our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly tied to what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of engagement proposals which align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our staff of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are hiring talented administrators who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and following a strong results-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our client base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. We can market your skills, but you need to have standard credentials for Progent to market. If you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered affordable and effective network support services for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key areas beyond our core focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to explain proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate jobs, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, using custom application tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from typical network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the work properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our support work can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network is a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.