Among the top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a broad range of key business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build an international organization for providing online network support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out more details concerning Progent's job openings, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized expertise and working background in important information technology topics outside our primary service focus. Our Experts Team includes contractors who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more details concerning contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details about how Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office setting allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information about Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more details about our compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For answers to popular enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of our present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service propositions which align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for talented administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will expand your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants who have recognized credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can market your talents, but you must provide standard certifications for us to market. In case you are strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have provided affordable and successful computer support expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with regular drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth by acting as part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.