Among America's premier network consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide range of vital software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting customers, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a drive for a customer service and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about our job openings, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with specialized expertise and working background in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional details about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented consultants who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information concerning how Progent is unique by visiting How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technical tools that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Our virtual office environment enables you to focus on providing service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of consulting propositions which associate our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you wish to ask about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client care, and following a strong value-based fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our customers can enhance your skills through interaction with our staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you must provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You should know how to explain realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that separates us from other consulting companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a crucial factor for enabling any company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and experience career and personal maturity by acting as part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.