Among the premiere network consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of critical software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding clients, providing support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details concerning our work openings, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information about staff professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and working background in crucial IT topics beyond Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To learn additional details about freelance jobs with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible business structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of engagement propositions which associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you want to apply for any job shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of desktop support specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a competitive value-based fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you must have basic credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer engineers have offered low-cost and successful network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key areas beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have an active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom software utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from other consulting companies is the quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our support services can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and private growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.