One of the top computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad range of critical business areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for finding customers, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering online network expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn more details concerning our work openings, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas beyond our main service concentration. Our Experts Group employs contractors who can provide advice and programming services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our staff professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning contract jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and a flexible work model that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning reasons we are unique by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model uses sophisticated technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office network allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets you build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see answers to frequent questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of consulting propositions which align Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our staff of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and offering a competitive value-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants that can show verifiable certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you should provide standard certifications for us to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in important technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have an active client base for whom you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to articulate proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you should be able evaluate projects, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary application utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from ordinary consulting firms is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling a company's success, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and personal growth by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.