One of America's top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- System security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of vital software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build an international organization for providing remote network expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer success and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with specialized knowledge and working background in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer advice and development services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn more information about freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about reasons Progent is different by referring to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network provides state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to solve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office model enables you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets you build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details concerning our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement proposals that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any opening shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Work at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a competitive value-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants who have verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and effective network support services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in important technologies beyond our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent customer support, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active client base for whom you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing a long work-related history and strong referrals, and have current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized application utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from other consulting firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California but we are attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a crucial factor for enabling a company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.