Among America's premier network consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of critical software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online IT support. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; system experts who have Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and field experience in important information technology areas beyond our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional details about contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more details concerning reasons we are unique by going to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to deal with challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office network allows you to focus on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information about our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions which tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any job shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's team of desktop service specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and following a strong results-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can promote your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective network support expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas beyond our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to explain proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other consulting companies is the quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose income with regular drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are published to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, but Progent is building a quickly growing group of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system can be a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and we apply this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private growth by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.