Among the top network consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a broad range of vital software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to be one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP certified security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven knowledge and working experience in important information technology areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To find out more details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information about reasons Progent is unique by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out more information about our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable money by hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides full family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting propositions that tie Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a competitive value-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer support to small organizations will give you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can market your skills, but you should have standard certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective network support services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- Database support and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and following a strong, ROI-focused billing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base to which you now provide continuing support services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having a long work-related record and strong references, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate projects, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from other network support companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing team of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you donít offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network is a pivotal factor for enabling a company's growth, and we follow this credo in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal growth by being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.