One of America's premiere network consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of critical business areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding customers, providing support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation have enabled us to be among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about Progent's work openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network experts who have Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven expertise and working experience in crucial information technology areas outside our primary technical focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To find out additional details about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work model that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about ways that we are unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of some present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of service propositions which tie Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on our staff of desktop support technicians and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and following a strong results-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills through interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have recognized credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you must provide standard credentials for us to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from typical consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client needs via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for enabling any company's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.