One of America's top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of key software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details about our work opportunities, company culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and field background in important IT areas beyond Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer advice and development services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. In order to find out more information concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business model that offers life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about ways that we are exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more details about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to common questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals which align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any job shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our staff of desktop support specialists and off-site support experts. Also, We are hiring experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers will expand your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants that have recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will promote your skills, but you should have standard credentials for us to work with. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have provided low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to build a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in key technologies outside of our core focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must know how to explain realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running specialized application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from other consulting firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is published to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.