Among America's top computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a wide variety of key software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing online network support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information concerning our job openings, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial IT topics beyond Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contract work with our Experts Team, go to Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details about reasons we are different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment uses advanced technical tools that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting propositions that align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any opening shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco certification; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to work on our team of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, We have managed to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your knowledge through interaction with our group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. We will market your skills, but you need to have basic certifications for us to market. In case you are adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key areas beyond Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base for which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate tasks, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from typical consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly growing group of consulting professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for enabling a firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and private maturity from acting as a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.