One of the premier computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of key business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build an international presence for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning our job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; network experts who have Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and hands-on background in important IT areas beyond our primary technical focus. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn additional information about contract jobs with our Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning how Progent is exceptional by visiting How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model enables you to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For replies to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of service proposals that associate our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you wish to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on Progent's team of help desk service technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a strong results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client base dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you need to provide basic certifications for us to work with. If you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field background in key technologies outside of our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base for which you now provide continuing support activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate jobs, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth from acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and freedom.