One of America's top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a broad variety of critical software areas and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build an international presence for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more information about Progent's job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in high-demand information technology areas outside Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more details concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Work with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that we are exceptional by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model provides advanced technical tools that enable remote support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office model frees consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income by hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service proposals that tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk support specialists and remote support professionals. Also, We are seeking talented administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small companies will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you should have standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base for whom you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how scope out tasks, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running custom software utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our support work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our own network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private maturity from being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.