One of America's top network consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide range of key business areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer success and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM certified security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with our staff professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. In order to learn more information about contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional experts by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details concerning reasons Progent is unique by visiting Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office network enables consultants to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For answers to common questions about being employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting propositions that align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you want to enquire about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client care, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, We have been able to increase our client base dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our customers can enhance your skills through cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that have verifiable certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you need to provide basic credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided low-cost and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in important areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running custom application utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that separates us from other network support firms is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.