One of America's premier computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide range of critical software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative models for attracting customers, providing support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build an international presence for providing remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer advice and development services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To learn more details about contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, see Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that offers life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning how Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment uses advanced technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office network allows consultants to focus on providing service instead of fighting traffic and lets you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly tied to what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For answers to frequent enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of consulting proposals that associate Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you want to enquire about any position listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on our team of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will enhance your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for us to work with. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key areas beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You must have a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should know how to explain realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must know how scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, but we are building a rapidly growing team of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal growth from being part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.