Among the premier IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide range of key software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish an international organization for providing remote network support. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a drive for a customer service and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information concerning our job openings, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have specialized expertise and working experience in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to find out more information about contract work with our Experts Team, see Contract Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about ways that we are unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technical tools that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office setting frees you to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details concerning our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you would like to enquire about any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and computer support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants who can show recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect credentials. We can market your skills, but you should provide basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you are strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective computer support expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how analyze jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary software utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network is a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal growth from being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.