Among America's top network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a wide variety of critical business applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to become among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish an international organization for providing online IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn more information concerning Progent's job openings, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in crucial information technology areas beyond our main technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our staff professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business model that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning how we are exceptional by going to How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network provides advanced technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Our virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and helps you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details about our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to frequent enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, We have been able to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
For a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show recognized credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers expect credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you need to have standard credentials for Progent to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important areas beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client care, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able scope out projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, using proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that separates us from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose revenue with daily drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the package by providing a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by being part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.