One of America's top network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a wide range of vital business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for delivering remote network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details about Progent's work opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth expertise and field background in high-demand IT areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn more information concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment utilizes advanced technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to deal with challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office environment enables you to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and lets you build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional details about our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of consulting propositions which align our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's team of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking talented administrators who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class client services, and offering a competitive value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small companies will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you must have basic credentials for us to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in key technologies beyond Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should be able analyze tasks, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from other consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for enabling a company's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.