One of the premiere network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a wide range of vital business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish an international organization for providing remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in crucial IT areas beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance contractors premier by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To learn additional details concerning contract work with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to client success, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is unique by visiting Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network provides state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees you to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For replies to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of our available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement propositions that tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client services, and following a competitive value-based pricing structure, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants who can show recognized certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you should provide standard credentials for us to work with. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in key areas beyond our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the market. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job approval, client needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You should be able to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary software utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support services can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.