One of the premier IT consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented support experts who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of critical business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to become among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven knowledge and working background in crucial IT topics beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer advice and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To find out additional information about contract opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Freelance Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business model that offers life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more information concerning reasons Progent is unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office network frees consultants to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of service proposals that associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you would like to apply for any opening listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client services, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no challenge. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you should have basic credentials for us to market. In case you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent customer care, and following a strong, value-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job approval, customer needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you currently provide continuing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must know how to articulate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom application tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from other consulting firms is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit income with regular drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting work can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but we are building a quickly growing group of consulting professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you donít offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private growth by being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.