Among America's premier network consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad range of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote network expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details concerning our job opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized expertise and hands-on experience in important IT areas beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out more information about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional experts by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more details about how we are exceptional by visiting How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to resolve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office model frees consultants to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent questions concerning being employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals which align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you wish to apply for any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive value-focused fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client base dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can expand your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients expect credentials. We can market your talents, but you must provide basic certifications for us to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in key technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes having a long work-related history and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to explain realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you must know how analyze jobs, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from other network support firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the work properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, however we are building a rapidly growing team of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity by acting as part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.