One of America's top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad range of vital business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer service and strong people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information concerning our work opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology areas beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional information about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons we are different by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment uses advanced technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office environment allows you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps you build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a description of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting proposals that tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any job shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on our staff of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our client list rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge via interaction with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering network expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show recognized credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you should have basic certifications for us to work with. In case you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have offered affordable and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas beyond our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our sales and administration teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having a long work-related history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to explain proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you should be able scope out projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using specialized application utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining our operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from other network support firms is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private growth from acting as part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.