Among the top network consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a wide variety of key software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing service, creating an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build an international presence for delivering online network expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out More Information About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM accredited security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth knowledge and working experience in important IT areas beyond our primary technical focus. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer advice and programming support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn more information about contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Work at Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business model that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information about reasons Progent is unique by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to solve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office model allows you to focus on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and helps you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Q&A.
This is a list of some available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service proposals that align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any position listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on our staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that have recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. We can promote your skills, but you must have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you are strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have provided low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced skills and field background in important areas beyond our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base for whom you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to communicate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using proprietary application tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from most consulting firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is published to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'
Subscript out of range: 'RndRange(...)'
/header-subr.asp, line 2229