One of the top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a broad range of key software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international presence for providing remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven expertise and working background in important information technology topics beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who offer consulting and programming support for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to learn more details about freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the best professional experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and helps you build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out additional information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by what you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent FAQs.
The following is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of service propositions which tie our services with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking talented administrators able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and following a competitive results-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that have verifiable certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you should have basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to communicate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'
Subscript out of range: 'RndRange(...)'
/header-subr.asp, line 2229