Among the top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of critical software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 training
Creative models for attracting clients, providing service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to build an international presence for providing remote network expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details about our work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISA accredited security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and field background in crucial information technology topics beyond our main technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and programming support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more details about contract jobs with our Experts Team, go to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about ways that we are unique by visiting Ways That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network uses sophisticated technical tools that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office structure allows you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and helps you nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For answers to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals that associate our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our team of helpdesk support specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and following a strong results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client base rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your skills through interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on providing network expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who have recognized credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you must have standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting services for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in key areas beyond Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you now provide continuing support services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and possess current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you must be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from other consulting companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members ó all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting work can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing group of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you donít have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network can be a crucial piece for enabling any company's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal growth by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.