Among America's top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of key business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative models for finding clients, providing service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online network expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Information About Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out more details about our job opportunities, company culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and working experience in important IT topics beyond Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Team hires contractors who can provide consulting and development support for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional information about contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details concerning how Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office network enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details about our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by what you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn more details about our compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see answers to frequent questions about becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of service propositions which tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to ask about any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our staff of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking talented managers able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer list dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small organizations will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have recognized certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you must have basic credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important technologies beyond our core focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base for which you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong referrals, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent people skills and be able to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to articulate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able scope out projects, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from most consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's support services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network can be a crucial factor for enabling a company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own network environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and personal growth by acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.