One of the top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a broad range of critical business applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online IT service. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning our work opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; system consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and working background in important IT areas outside Progent's primary service concentration. Our Experts Team includes contractors who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with our full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional information about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work structure that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more information about how we are unique by going to Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office setting allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more information about Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
For answers to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service propositions that align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to ask about any job listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills via cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants who have recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you need to provide basic credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer support services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented staff and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in important areas beyond our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Group to address the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you now provide continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to articulate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must know how analyze tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using custom software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from most consulting firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top talent across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client needs through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private maturity from being part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.