One of America's premier network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a broad variety of key software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online network support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about Progent's job opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and field experience in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details about contracting jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that we are different by visiting How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment incorporates advanced technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional information about Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For answers to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of service propositions that align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you want to enquire about any position shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to join Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class client services, and following a strong value-focused fee model, We have managed to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you must provide standard credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided low-cost and successful network support services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in key areas outside of our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer care, and following a strong, value-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have an active customer base for which you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you must be able analyze projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the job properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing team of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you donít offer strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for accelerating a company's success, and we apply this credo in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal growth from acting as part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.