One of America's premier network consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide range of vital software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for finding customers, delivering support, creating an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing online IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning our job openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM accredited security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology topics outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team employs contractors who offer advice and programming services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To learn additional information about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details concerning how we are different by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network incorporates advanced technologies that enable off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office structure allows you to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and helps consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out additional details concerning our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
For answers to frequent questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
The following is a description of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of service propositions which tie Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our team of desktop service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and following a competitive results-focused fee structure, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge via interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering network consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants that can show recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect certifications. We will market your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and successful computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have an active client base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and be able to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to communicate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how analyze projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized application utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located across California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing group of network experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you donít have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate system environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity from acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.