One of America's top computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad range of vital business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for acquiring customers, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build an international organization for delivering online IT service. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details about our job openings, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; system consultants who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To find out additional details concerning contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business structure that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that we are different by referring to How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model incorporates advanced technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to solve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office network enables you to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and helps you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out additional details about Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn more details about our compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of our present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of engagement propositions which tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any position listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our customer list dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who have recognized certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you should have basic credentials for Progent to work with. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support services for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented staff and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in key areas outside of our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive client support, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You should have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom software tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from other network support firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing group of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care plan to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you donít have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and private growth by being a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.