Among the top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of vital business areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online network expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn more information about our work openings, business culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; system consultants with Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISM certified security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have specialized expertise and working background in high-demand IT areas beyond our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To find out more information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technology, and a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information about ways that Progent is unique by referring to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment provides sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office network enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant income by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions that tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you would like to apply for any job listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking talented managers able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and offering a competitive value-based pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and computer help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you should provide standard certifications for us to market. If you are strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of expert information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You must be able to explain proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your time table, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client needs via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the package by offering a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you donít have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from being part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.