One of America's premiere network consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of critical software applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information about Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our full-time consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional information concerning freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details concerning how we are exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office network allows you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information concerning our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals that tie Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on our staff of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our client base rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your skills via cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will market your talents, but you should provide standard certifications for Progent to work with. In case you are adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important technologies outside of our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base for which you now provide ongoing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to explain realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from other consulting firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited top talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members ó all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site client work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's success, and we apply this credo in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private growth from being a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.