One of America's premier network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a broad variety of key business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for attracting clients, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing online IT service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information concerning our work opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with in-depth expertise and working experience in high-demand IT topics outside our main service focus. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. In order to learn more information concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information about reasons we are unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model incorporates advanced technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For answers to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong results-based fee model, We have been able to increase our customer list dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your talents, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have provided low-cost and effective network support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to explain proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able scope out jobs, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using specialized software tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from other network support companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and personal maturity from being part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.