One of the top network consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a wide variety of critical software applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish an international organization for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information about our job opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information about full-time consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and hands-on background in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contracting work with our Experts Team, see Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work model that offers life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is unique by visiting Ways That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network provides sophisticated technologies that support remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to solve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and lets you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information concerning our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement propositions that align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to join Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show verifiable certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will promote your skills, but you must provide standard certifications for us to market. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective network support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent customer support, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You must have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have an active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze tasks, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary application utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from other consulting firms is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don't waste time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our support work can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding team of network professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit program to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating a company's success, and we apply this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.