One of the premiere IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad range of vital business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote network support. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn more information concerning our job opportunities, business culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with specialized expertise and hands-on experience in important IT areas outside our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who can provide advice and programming support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To find out more information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Work with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information concerning reasons Progent is different by going to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network provides advanced technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve challenging network problems. Our virtual office setting allows you to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details about our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of some current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information about Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of service propositions which tie our services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a competitive value-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer support to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. We can broadcast your skills, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a strong, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base for which you now provide continuing support activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and have current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom application utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from most network support companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t have strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a crucial piece for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from acting as part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.