One of America's top IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a wide variety of critical business applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting clients, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build an international organization for providing remote IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning Progent's job openings, business culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and working background in crucial IT areas beyond our primary technical focus. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn more details about contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have been able to recruit the top professional experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information concerning how Progent is different by referring to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model provides sophisticated technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions that associate our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to join Progent's team of help desk support specialists and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers can expand your skills through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can broadcast your talents, but you need to provide basic credentials for us to market. If you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies beyond our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Group to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active client base to which you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant history and strong references, and have current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have strong people skills and be able to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You must know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to know how analyze projects, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our consulting work can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however we are building a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent people skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal growth from being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.