Among the top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of key software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network consultants who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology topics outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team employs contractors who can provide advice and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. To learn more details about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more details about reasons we are different by referring to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model provides sophisticated technical tools that support off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to resolve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office model frees consultants to focus on providing service rather than fighting traffic and helps you build lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information concerning our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
For replies to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting proposals which align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you wish to ask about any job listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a competitive value-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing network consulting and technical support to small companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect credentials. We will promote your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in important areas beyond our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to whom you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how scope out tasks, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom application utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that separates us from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting work can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network is a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and personal growth by being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.