One of the top network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide variety of key software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for delivering online network service. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details concerning our job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system consultants who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven expertise and working background in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and development services for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn more information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional experts by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work model that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details about reasons Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office model allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For replies to common enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service proposals that align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on Progent's team of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking talented administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client services, and following a competitive value-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas outside of our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You must be able to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you must be able evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from ordinary network support firms is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, however we are building a quickly growing group of consulting professionals from across America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth from being part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.