Among America's top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide variety of key software applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online network assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning our job openings, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in high-demand IT areas outside Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide consulting and programming services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To find out additional information concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details about how we are different by going to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Our virtual office model allows you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent questions about being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of service propositions which associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants with CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can work on Progent's team of help desk service specialists and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills via interaction with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants who have recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you should have basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful network support services for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas outside of our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You must show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have an active client base to whom you now deliver continuing support services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to know how analyze jobs, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary software utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from other network support companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or forfeit income with regular drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client needs via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you donít offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our own system environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private growth by acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.