Among the premiere network consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad range of vital software applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing support, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing online network service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a client success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more independent career, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about our job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven expertise and field experience in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional information about contract jobs with our Experts Team, go to Contract Work at Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning how we are unique by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment provides sophisticated technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office structure frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of engagement proposals which tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to work on our team of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking talented managers able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients will enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will promote your talents, but you should provide standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client care, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and be able to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You must be able to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, running specialized application utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and retaining clients.
The main factor that separates us from ordinary network support firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network is a crucial piece for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal growth by being a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.