Among the top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad variety of critical business applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to be one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing online network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details concerning Progent's job openings, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA accredited security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and working background in crucial information technology areas beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Group hires contractors who can provide consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. In order to learn additional information about freelance work with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Work at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top consulting talent by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business structure that offers life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more details concerning reasons we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to handle challenging network problems. Our virtual office environment frees consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting commutes and helps you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting proposals that associate our services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco credentials; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants that have recognized credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers expect certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you must provide standard credentials for us to work with. If you are adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active client base for whom you currently provide continuing support services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you should know how analyze projects, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using custom application tools to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical network support companies is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of our consulting work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing team of network experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you donít offer excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's success, and we follow this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity by being part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.