One of the top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a wide range of vital business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, delivering service, creating an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing online network expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a client success and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details about Progent's job openings, company culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA certified security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven expertise and field experience in high-demand IT areas beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to find out additional information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, go to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent work model that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about ways that Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment provides advanced technologies that enable off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve challenging network issues. Our virtual office structure enables you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you build successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more information about Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
For replies to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions that tie Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any opening listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco certification; security consultants with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join our staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, We have managed to increase our customer list dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, simply because a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can promote your skills, but you should have basic credentials for us to work with. In case you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our information technology engineers have offered low-cost and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important technologies outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding our Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, client needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and have current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should be able to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must be able analyze jobs, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary software tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from typical network support companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for enabling a company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and private growth by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.