Among the top network consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of vital business areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details concerning our work openings, business culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth knowledge and working background in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with our full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional details concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office structure allows consultants to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information about our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of service proposals that associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any job listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk support specialists and remote support experts. Also, We are looking for talented managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you need to have basic certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer support expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of expert information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base for which you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to articulate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should know how evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom software tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from ordinary network support firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site client work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, but we are building a quickly growing group of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating a company's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.