One of the top network consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad range of vital software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Details About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; system experts who have CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth expertise and field background in crucial IT areas beyond our primary technical focus. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional information about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more details about ways that we are exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model uses sophisticated technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office structure allows consultants to focus on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and helps you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money through hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals which align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to ask about any position shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have CCIE certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's team of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring talented managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused fee structure, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that have verifiable certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. We can promote your talents, but you should have a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent client care, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You must have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to explain proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized application utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from other network support firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located across California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network is a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private growth by acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.