One of the premiere IT consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a broad variety of vital business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build an international organization for providing online IT service. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with a focus on a client success and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information concerning our work openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized expertise and hands-on background in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional information concerning contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have been able to attract the top professional experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information about how we are different by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes advanced technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging IT issues. Our virtual office network frees consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more details about our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of service proposals which align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you would like to ask about any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's team of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive client care, and offering a strong results-based pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills through interaction with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect credentials. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you should provide standard certifications for us to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base to whom you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must know how analyze projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using custom application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from most network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or lose income with daily commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to client needs via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong people skills or like working with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and experience career and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.