One of the premier computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of key software applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information about Progent's work openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details about staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and field experience in important information technology areas beyond our main technical concentration. Our Experts Team employs contractors who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to learn more information concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about ways that Progent is unique by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network provides state-of-the-art technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to solve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office network allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information about Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For replies to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of service propositions which tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees to work on our staff of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced administrators able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, We have managed to expand our client list dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent will market your skills, but you must provide basic certifications for us to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active client base to whom you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant record and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you must be able analyze jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from most network support firms is the quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal growth by being a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.