Among the premiere network consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a broad variety of vital software applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding clients, providing service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT support. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, living a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details concerning our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and field background in important information technology areas beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn more information about contract jobs with our Experts Team, go to Contract Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details about reasons Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates advanced technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to deal with challenging IT issues. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps you build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of some available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions which tie our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to work on our team of help desk support technicians and remote support experts. In addition, We are looking for talented managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee model, We have been able to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you need to provide standard certifications for us to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in important technologies beyond our core focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You must have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active client base for which you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using specialized software tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from other consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other vital application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private maturity from acting as a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.