Among the top IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad variety of critical business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to become among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering remote network service. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details about our job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas beyond our main service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the best professional experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and a flexible business model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more details concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to solve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office network enables you to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants build lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income by hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
For answers to common questions about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, We have managed to expand our customer list dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that have verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can promote your skills, but you should provide basic credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have provided low-cost and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important technologies beyond our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer support, and following a proven, value-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to which you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You should know how to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using specialized software tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from other network support companies is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the package by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal growth by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.