Among the premier IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide variety of key business areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for acquiring customers, delivering support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote network service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information about Progent's work openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; system experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology areas beyond our main technical concentration. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more information about freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Work at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to client success, use of advanced technology, plus an independent work model that offers life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information about ways that Progent is unique by referring to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to deal with challenging IT problems. Our virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information about Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent FAQs.
The following is a description of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement propositions which tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you wish to apply for any position shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our team of desktop service technicians and off-site support experts. Also, We are looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-based fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will enhance your skills via interaction with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will promote your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have provided low-cost and effective network consulting services for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base for whom you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes having a long work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running custom software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our consulting services can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of consulting experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for enabling a company's success, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.