Among the premiere computer consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of critical software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, delivering support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Information About Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information concerning our job openings, business culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network consultants with CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISA accredited security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and field background in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To find out more details about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent business model that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information about how Progent is different by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office model allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable income by hard work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
The following is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service propositions that tie our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's team of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have verifiable certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will promote your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective network support expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key areas outside of our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should be able analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that separates us from most network support firms is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network is a crucial factor for enabling any firm's success, and we apply this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and personal maturity from acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.