One of the premier IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide range of vital business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for attracting clients, providing support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish an international organization for providing remote network expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out More Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details concerning our job openings, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and field experience in high-demand information technology areas outside our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To find out additional details concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about ways that we are different by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment provides advanced technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office structure frees you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and helps you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement proposals which tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you want to apply for any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to work on our team of desktop service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and following a strong value-focused pricing model, We have managed to increase our customer base rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the chance to work closely with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you need to have standard certifications for us to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Team to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you need to know how analyze projects, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary network support firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of our team of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your time table, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of network experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you don’t have strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling any company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own system environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private maturity by acting as part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.