Among the premier network consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide range of critical business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing online IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Details About Working with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information about Progent's work opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details about staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. In order to find out more information about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons we are different by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details concerning our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money through hard work and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
For answers to popular questions about being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service propositions which associate our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's staff of help desk support specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced administrators who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a competitive value-based fee model, We have managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills via interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will promote your skills, but you need to provide basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have offered affordable and successful network consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key areas beyond Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active client base to whom you currently provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how scope out projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using specialized application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting firms is the quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but we are building a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our corporate network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and personal growth from being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.