Among America's premier computer consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of critical software areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, delivering support, creating a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build an international organization for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a focus on a client success and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details about our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP certified security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and field experience in important information technology areas beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn more information about freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the best professional talent by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent business model that offers life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information about ways that we are unique by going to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes advanced technical tools that support remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to focus on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For answers to popular questions about being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of service proposals which associate our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you want to apply for any position shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join our staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, We are hiring talented administrators able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client services, and offering a strong value-focused pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical support to small organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will promote your skills, but you need to have standard credentials for us to market. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and successful network support services for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- Database management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now provide continuing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze tasks, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running specialized software tools to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that separates us from typical network support firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó all from home-based or mobile offices. You donít waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do remote support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you donít have strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal maturity by acting as part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.