Among America's top network consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a broad range of critical business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for acquiring customers, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details about our job opportunities, business culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with specialized expertise and field experience in important IT topics beyond Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Group hires contractors who offer advice and development services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more details concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have been able to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details about how Progent is different by going to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office setting allows consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and lets you build successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of some available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of service proposals which tie Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on Progent's staff of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring experienced administrators able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a competitive value-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client base dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing network expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who have recognized credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. We can market your skills, but you must have basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and following a proven, value-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have strong people skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running proprietary software tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting services can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this credo in our own system environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity by acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.