One of America's top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad variety of vital business applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring customers, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish an international organization for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information concerning our work openings, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized knowledge and working experience in high-demand information technology topics beyond Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with our full-time professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn additional information about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business model that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning how Progent is exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment provides advanced technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office model allows you to focus on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional details about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Q&A
For replies to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement proposals which associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's team of help desk service technicians and remote support experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive value-based pricing structure, We have been able to increase our customer list rapidly while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. If you are strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important areas outside of our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Team to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive client support, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have an active client base to which you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able analyze projects, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that separates us from ordinary network support companies is the high quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal maturity by being part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.