Among the premier computer consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of vital business areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding clients, providing support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build an international presence for providing online IT service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details concerning our job openings, company culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand IT areas beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more details concerning contracting work with our Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work structure that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning how Progent is different by referring to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure frees you to focus on providing service instead of fighting traffic and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For replies to frequent enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of service proposals which tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and remote support experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client care, and offering a strong results-focused pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who have verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must have basic certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and effective network support services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in key technologies beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer support, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze projects, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom application utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our business models for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is located across California, but we are building a quickly growing team of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private growth from being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.