One of America's premier computer consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a broad range of vital business areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build an international presence for delivering online network assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information concerning our job openings, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; system experts who have CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information about full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and working background in important information technology areas outside our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning contract jobs with our Experts Team, see Contracting Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details concerning how we are different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network provides state-of-the-art technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office structure allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and helps you build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more details about our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service proposals which align our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you want to apply for any opening shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants with CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to join Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring talented managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, We have been able to increase our client base rapidly while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your skills via interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. We can promote your talents, but you should provide basic credentials for Progent to market. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful network support services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important technologies beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and deployment
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base for which you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to communicate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you need to know how analyze projects, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from most consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you donít have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and personal maturity from being a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.