One of the premiere network consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a wide variety of key business applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international organization for providing remote network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details concerning our work opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven expertise and working experience in high-demand IT areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more information about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work structure that offers life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more details about how we are exceptional by referring to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office setting enables you to focus on providing service instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out additional information about our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see answers to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key components of service propositions that align our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco certification; security consultants with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-based fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will expand your skills through interaction with our group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer help to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show recognized credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you must have basic certifications for us to work with. If you are adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base to which you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you must know how evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from most consulting companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site client work is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling any company's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and private growth from acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.