Among the premiere network consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a wide range of vital business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting customers, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international organization for delivering online IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details about our job openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network consultants with Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also seeking veteran managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven expertise and working experience in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To learn additional information about contract jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have managed to attract the best consulting talent by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details about ways that we are exceptional by going to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Our virtual office model allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more information about our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement propositions that tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our team of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a competitive value-focused fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client list dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your skills through interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show recognized certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you need to have standard credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered affordable and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and deployment
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you must know how evaluate projects, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary application tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from most consulting companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network can be a crucial factor for enabling a company's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and private maturity from acting as a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.