One of America's premier IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of vital business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting customers, providing service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, you will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn more details about our work opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; system experts who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and field experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with our full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn additional details concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Team, go to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details about reasons Progent is different by referring to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network provides state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more details about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement proposals that align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client services, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing structure, We have been able to expand our client list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show recognized certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect credentials. We can market your talents, but you should have standard certifications for Progent to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a strong staff and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have strong people skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized application tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, but Progent is building a quickly growing team of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and we follow this credo in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.