Among America's top IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- System security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a wide range of key business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for finding clients, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information concerning Progent's job openings, company culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system experts who have CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISM certified security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven expertise and field background in high-demand IT areas outside Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Group includes contractors who offer advice and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out more information about freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the top professional experts by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business model that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information concerning how we are different by going to Reasons That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model enables you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants build successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of some available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of service propositions that align our services with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any job shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can join our team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking experienced managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer list rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can expand your skills through cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show recognized certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. We will market your talents, but you should provide standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and successful network support services for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong people skills and know how to work effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you need to know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support firms is the quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated across California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and administration teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity from acting as part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.