One of the premiere IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of key business applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build an international presence for providing online network service. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, living a more independent career, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details concerning our work openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand information technology areas outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out additional information about freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent work structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning how Progent is different by going to How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment provides sophisticated technologies that support remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For answers to popular enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of some available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service propositions that associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any position listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our team of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee model, We have managed to increase our customer list dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you should provide basic certifications for us to work with. In case you are strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in important areas outside of our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active client base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant record and strong references, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from typical consulting firms is the quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting services can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the package by offering a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity by being part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.