Among America's top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified service experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a wide variety of vital software applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding clients, providing support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build an international organization for delivering remote IT service. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about Progent's work openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have proven expertise and hands-on experience in important information technology topics outside Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To find out more information about contract opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that Progent is unique by referring to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model incorporates advanced technologies that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more information about Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of our available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of engagement propositions that tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any position listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's staff of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a strong results-focused fee structure, We have been able to increase our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants that have recognized certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can market your skills, but you should have basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in key technologies beyond our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for whom you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able analyze tasks, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting firms is the quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong people skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's success, and we apply this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and private maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.