Among America's top network consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of critical business areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, providing support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international organization for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, you will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and field experience in crucial information technology areas beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Group includes contractors who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. To find out additional details concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more details about how we are exceptional by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of service proposals which associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced administrators able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our client base dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants who can show recognized certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent can promote your skills, but you must have basic certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective network support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in important technologies outside of our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base to which you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You must be able to explain proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you have to be able scope out projects, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, running proprietary application utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from typical network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of our support work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate system environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private maturity from being part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.