Among the premiere computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of critical software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for attracting customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build an international organization for providing online IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more independent career, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information concerning our job openings, company philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with proven expertise and hands-on background in high-demand information technology areas outside our primary service concentration. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. To find out additional details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the best professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information about ways that we are different by going to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model incorporates advanced technical tools that support remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging IT problems. Our virtual office network allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement propositions which associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for talented managers who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills via interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants that have recognized credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you must provide basic certifications for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important areas beyond Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent customer care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have an active client base to whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from most consulting companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the work properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose income with regular commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our support work can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a rapidly growing group of network experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity from acting as part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.