Among the top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad range of key software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting clients, providing service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to become among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning our job opportunities, company culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have specialized expertise and working experience in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with our full-time engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To find out additional details about contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information about ways that Progent is different by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details about our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement propositions that align our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can join our team of desktop support technicians and off-site support experts. Also, We are hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and following a competitive results-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our customers can expand your knowledge through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will market your skills, but you need to have standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful network support services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth skills and work experience in key technologies beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for whom you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to be able evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from most consulting firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network can be a crucial piece for accelerating any company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity from being part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.