One of America's premier IT consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified support experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad range of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to become among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information about our job opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA accredited security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with proven knowledge and hands-on experience in high-demand IT areas outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. To find out additional information about contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has managed to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business structure that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more details concerning ways that we are unique by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office network enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional information about Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of consulting propositions that align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco certification; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can join Progent's team of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-based pricing structure, We have been able to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers will enhance your knowledge via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who have verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can market your talents, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you happen to be adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful computer support services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate jobs, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using custom application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from other consulting firms is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private maturity by being part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.