Among America's top network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide variety of key business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 training
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information about our job openings, company culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group includes contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. If you want to find out additional information concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details about reasons we are unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network provides advanced technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to deal with challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to focus on providing service rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any opening listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco credentials; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to join Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, We are hiring experienced administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and following a competitive value-focused pricing structure, We have been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will market your skills, but you must provide standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- Database support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, offering attentive client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base to which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should be able to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how scope out jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from other network support companies is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key areas, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of network professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you donít have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's growth, and we apply this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.