One of America's premiere IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a wide variety of key business applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for finding clients, providing service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build an international organization for providing online network assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer success and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details about Progent's work openings, business culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; system experts with Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISA certified security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology topics outside our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who can provide consulting and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Work at Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have managed to recruit the top professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent work model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that we are unique by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment incorporates advanced technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office structure frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details concerning our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals which associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our team of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients will enhance your knowledge via interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and computer help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants who have verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you should have standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting services for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important areas beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base for whom you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should be able evaluate tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from ordinary consulting companies is the quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's success, and we apply this credo in our own network environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience career and personal maturity by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.