Among the top computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide range of key software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish an international organization for providing online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details concerning our work opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also seeking veteran managers who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in important IT topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and programming services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work model that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information about reasons we are unique by referring to How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network provides state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of our available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting proposals which tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and following a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our client list dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful network support expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important technologies outside of our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and following a proven, value-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project approval, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base for which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized software tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our consulting services can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network can be a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity by being part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.