One of the premier network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide range of key business applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for finding customers, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online network expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out more information about Progent's job opportunities, company culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology topics outside our main service concentration. Our Experts Group hires contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional information about freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information concerning reasons we are different by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technical tools that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
This is a description of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement propositions which tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you wish to apply for any opening listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network engineers with CCIE certification; security consultants with CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on our staff of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, We have managed to increase our client base rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will expand your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect credentials. We will promote your skills, but you need to have basic certifications for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer support expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important areas beyond Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- Database support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base for whom you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should know how to explain proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you must know how evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consultant by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from most consulting firms is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling any company's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth from being part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.