One of the premiere computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a wide variety of vital software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build an international presence for providing online network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client service and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven expertise and field experience in crucial IT topics beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small company networks. In order to learn additional information concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client success, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more details about reasons we are exceptional by referring to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model incorporates advanced technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office structure frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of engagement proposals that associate our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to ask about any job listed above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to join Progent's staff of helpdesk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-focused fee structure, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge via cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer support to small companies will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you must provide basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas beyond our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to which you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you should be able analyze jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running specialized software utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from other network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, but we are building a quickly growing team of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care program to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience professional and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and freedom.