One of America's top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide variety of critical software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed Progent to be among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing online network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a drive for a customer success and strong people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information about Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; system consultants with CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth expertise and field experience in crucial IT topics beyond our main service concentration. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To find out additional details concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about reasons Progent is exceptional by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to solve challenging network problems. Our virtual office network frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of our available job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key components of service proposals which tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join our staff of desktop support specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show verifiable certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. We will promote your skills, but you must have a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to which you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to communicate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must know how evaluate tasks, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using specialized application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that separates us from other consulting companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with daily drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support work can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California however Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own network environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience career and personal maturity from being part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.