Among America's premier computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide variety of key software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online network assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details about Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with specialized expertise and field background in crucial information technology areas beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide advice and programming services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small company networks. If you want to learn more details about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible work structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning reasons Progent is different by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network uses sophisticated technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to handle challenging network problems. Our virtual office environment frees consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more details about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of consulting propositions that associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and following a competitive value-focused fee model, We have managed to expand our customer list dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key technologies beyond our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from lead generation, project qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active client base to which you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you must know how scope out tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from most consulting companies is the quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support work can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for enabling a company's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal maturity from being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.