One of the top network consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a broad variety of critical business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details concerning our work opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology areas beyond our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more information about contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about how Progent is unique by visiting How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network utilizes advanced technical tools that support remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office setting allows you to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a description of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting proposals which align Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you would like to ask about any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class client care, and offering a strong value-based fee model, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants who can show recognized certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will market your talents, but you must have basic credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective network support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for which you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and possess current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you should know how analyze projects, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from typical network support firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system is a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and we follow this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth by being a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.