Among America's top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified service experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad range of vital software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for acquiring customers, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information about our job opportunities, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology areas outside our main service concentration. Our Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details concerning ways that we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model uses advanced technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical network issues. Our virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on providing service instead of fighting commutes and lets you build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key components of service propositions that align our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco certification; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on our team of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your skills through interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will market your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and following a proven, value-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must know how analyze jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running proprietary application tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support companies is the quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, however Progent is building a quickly growing group of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you donít offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network is a crucial factor for enabling any company's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth by acting as part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.