One of the top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a wide range of key software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting clients, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build an international organization for providing remote IT service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer success and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Details About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details concerning our job openings, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology topics beyond Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details about how Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technologies that support remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of engagement proposals which align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to work on our team of desktop support specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our clients can expand your skills via cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on providing network expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show recognized credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will promote your talents, but you must have a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- Database support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how analyze jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running custom application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from most consulting companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The best part is that much of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding team of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and personal growth by being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.