One of America's premier IT consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of vital software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build an international organization for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand information technology topics beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent cooperate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn more information concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons Progent is different by going to How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that enable off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps you build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service proposals that tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you would like to apply for any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on our staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, We have been able to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who have verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will market your talents, but you should have a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in important areas beyond our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base to which you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should know how to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze tasks, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from other network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site client work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you donít offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network is a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and experience career and private maturity from being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.