One of the premiere network consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad range of vital business applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing service, creating an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details concerning our work opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth expertise and field background in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional information concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to recruit the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about reasons we are unique by visiting How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants build successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement propositions that align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our team of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced managers who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and offering a strong results-focused pricing model, We have been able to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will enhance your skills through cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have recognized credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you must have standard credentials for us to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective network consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in important areas outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer care, and following a strong, value-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from lead generation, job qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active client base to whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related history and excellent references, and have current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, using custom software tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support companies is the quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other key application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding team of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's success, and we apply this belief in our own system environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.