One of America's top computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a wide range of critical software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for finding customers, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build an international presence for providing online IT expertise. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Information About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information about our job opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details about staff consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth knowledge and field experience in high-demand IT topics outside our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. To find out more information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the best consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business model that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more information concerning ways that we are exceptional by referring to Ways That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment uses sophisticated technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office model allows consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
For answers to common questions about being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service propositions which tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to ask about any opening shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our staff of desktop support technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-based fee model, Progent has been able to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you must provide standard credentials for us to market. In case you are adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective network support services for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- Database support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out jobs, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from typical consulting firms is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience professional and private growth from acting as part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.