Among America's premier network consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a broad range of critical business applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish an international organization for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about Progent's work openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven knowledge and working background in crucial IT topics beyond our main service concentration. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To find out more information about freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning how we are different by visiting How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For replies to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement propositions that associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you want to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our team of desktop service specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has been able to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can expand your skills through cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can broadcast your talents, but you should have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer support professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and be able to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how analyze projects, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary software utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support firms is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting work can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network can be a crucial factor for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth by being a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.