One of the top network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified support experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of vital business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing support, creating a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote network support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer success and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out more details about Progent's job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with proven expertise and field experience in crucial IT topics outside Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with our full-time engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn more information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, see Contracting Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work structure that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more details concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment provides advanced technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to solve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows you to focus on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional information about our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of our available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join our team of desktop service technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive value-focused fee structure, We have managed to increase our customer list rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering network expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will market your skills, but you must have standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective computer consulting services for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have an active customer base to which you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You must know how to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must know how scope out tasks, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using proprietary software tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from most consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's success, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.