One of America's top IT consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad variety of key software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about our work opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized expertise and field experience in crucial information technology areas outside our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Team, see Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and a flexible business structure that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more information concerning how we are unique by visiting How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network provides state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office model frees you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps you nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement proposals that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and following a competitive results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and technical help to small companies will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants who have recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. We will market your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important technologies beyond our core focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive customer support, and following a proven, value-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing a long work-related history and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate jobs, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that separates us from most network support companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose income with regular drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, however we are building a rapidly growing team of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you donít offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system can be a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.