One of the top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of critical software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online IT expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer service and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn more information concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and field background in important IT areas beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn more information concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business model that allows for life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details about reasons we are unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to handle challenging IT problems. Our virtual office environment enables you to focus on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent FAQs.
The following is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement proposals that align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to apply for any opening shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a strong value-based fee structure, We have been able to increase our client base dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can enhance your skills through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who have verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you need to have basic certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key areas outside of Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing support services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to explain proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from typical consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private maturity by being part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.