Among the premiere IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad range of vital software applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting customers, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish an international presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out more details concerning Progent's work opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and working background in important information technology topics beyond our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out more details concerning contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the top professional talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible business structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more details about ways that Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office setting allows you to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of some current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service propositions which align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any job shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our team of help desk support technicians and off-site support experts. Also, We are looking for talented administrators who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your skills through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client care, and following a proven, value-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our business models for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your time table, not ours. The best part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private maturity from being part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.