Among America's premier computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad range of vital software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, providing support, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn more details concerning our work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; connectivity consultants who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with proven expertise and working experience in important IT areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer advice and development support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To find out more details about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best professional experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that offers life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about how Progent is different by visiting How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment uses advanced technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office model frees you to focus on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of engagement propositions which associate Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you would like to enquire about any job shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with CCIE certification; security consultants with CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for talented managers able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong value-based fee model, Progent has been able to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on providing network expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you should have basic certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key areas beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base for which you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having a long work-related history and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how scope out tasks, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized application utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining our business models for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from most network support firms is the quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting work can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.