Among the top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a broad range of vital business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish an international presence for providing remote network support. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; connectivity consultants with CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven knowledge and working experience in important information technology topics outside Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To find out additional information concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have been able to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information concerning how Progent is different by referring to Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network incorporates advanced technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office setting allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more details concerning our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common questions about being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals that align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you wish to ask about any opening shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Work with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-focused fee model, We have managed to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our customers can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You should know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to be able analyze tasks, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized software utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from most consulting companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our consulting work can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current consultant availability is published to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network is a crucial piece for enabling any firm's success, and we apply this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.