Among America's top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad range of key business areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for delivering online network expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out more information about our work opportunities, business culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; network consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and hands-on background in important IT areas outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide advice and development services for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, see Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information concerning how Progent is exceptional by visiting How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model provides sophisticated technologies that support remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting propositions which align our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can join our team of helpdesk support specialists and remote support professionals. Also, We are seeking talented administrators able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and following a competitive value-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will expand your skills through interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that have verifiable certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in important areas beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have an active customer base for which you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from other consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of our consulting work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding group of network professionals throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.