Among the top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide range of critical software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 training
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning our job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in important IT areas beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. In order to learn additional details concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details about ways that Progent is exceptional by going to How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment uses advanced technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by hard work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of some available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement proposals that align Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any opening listed above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to work on our team of desktop service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, We have been able to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect credentials. We can promote your skills, but you should have basic certifications for us to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced skills and field background in key technologies beyond our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base to which you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how analyze tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our business models for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting work can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but we are building a quickly growing group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.