Among America's premiere IT consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad range of key business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding clients, delivering service, creating an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish an international organization for delivering remote network service. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about our job openings, business culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; system experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have proven expertise and hands-on background in important information technology topics outside our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to learn more details concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning how we are different by referring to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network provides sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details about our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement propositions which tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any position listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to join our team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show recognized certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can market your talents, but you must provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. If you are strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting professionals have provided low-cost and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in key technologies outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you currently provide continuing support services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how analyze projects, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from other network support companies is the quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income with regular drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and we apply this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity from being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.