Among America's top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a wide variety of vital software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing support, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build an international presence for providing online network expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information concerning our job opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network experts with Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also hiring desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with specialized expertise and working background in important information technology areas outside our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming support for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To learn more details about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contract Work at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information concerning reasons we are different by going to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network provides advanced technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office structure frees you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement propositions which align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you want to apply for any position listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to work on our staff of help desk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for talented administrators who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and offering a strong value-focused pricing structure, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and computer support to small companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can promote your skills, but you must provide basic certifications for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for whom you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and have current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You must be able to explain proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that separates us from most consulting companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience career and personal maturity by being part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.