One of the premiere computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide variety of critical business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting customers, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information concerning Progent's work openings, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have specialized expertise and hands-on background in important information technology areas outside Progent's primary service concentration. Our Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional details concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information about how Progent is unique by referring to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office network frees you to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of some current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement propositions which associate our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented managers who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing model, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers can enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will market your talents, but you must provide standard certifications for us to market. In case you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important technologies outside of our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from lead generation, job qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base for which you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having a long work-related history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate projects, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, using proprietary software tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from other network support companies is the quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support services can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however we are building a quickly expanding team of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own system environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and private maturity from being a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.