Among America's premier IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of vital business areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build a worldwide organization for providing online IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out More Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details concerning Progent's job openings, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with proven knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology topics outside our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional information about contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Work at Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business model that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office network frees you to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting traffic and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement proposals that associate our services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and following a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and computer support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you need to have basic certifications for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced skills and field background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active client base to which you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and know how to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running custom application utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical network support companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is located across California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system is a crucial piece for enabling any firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and private growth by acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.