One of the premier IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of key software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, delivering support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized expertise and hands-on background in important IT areas outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. In order to learn additional information about freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business model that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out more information about ways that Progent is different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model incorporates advanced technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office setting enables you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money through persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of consulting propositions that align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you want to ask about any opening listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on our staff of help desk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive value-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering network consulting and technical help to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants who have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will market your talents, but you must provide basic certifications for us to work with. If you are strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in important technologies beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing support services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should be able evaluate tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary software utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that separates us from typical consulting companies is the quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise across a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing team of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private growth from acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.