One of the premiere IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a wide range of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build an international presence for providing remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information concerning our work opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; connectivity consultants with CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and working background in crucial IT areas beyond our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. To learn more information about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent work model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information about ways that Progent is exceptional by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment provides advanced technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to deal with challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of some present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement propositions that tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's team of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking talented managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and offering a strong results-focused fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your skills via cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you must have standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and following a proven, value-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have an active client base for whom you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized application tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from other consulting companies is the excellence of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income with daily drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of our consulting services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, however we are building a rapidly growing team of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal growth from being part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.