One of the premiere IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a broad variety of key business applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing online IT support. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out more details concerning our job openings, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about full-time consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in important information technology topics outside Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. To find out more information concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information about reasons we are different by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model uses sophisticated technical tools that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details about our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of service propositions that align Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to apply for any job listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can join our team of help desk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-focused pricing structure, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you need to have standard certifications for us to market. In case you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting professionals have provided low-cost and successful network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have an active customer base for which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having a long work-related history and strong referrals, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary software utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from most network support companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting work can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.