Among America's premier network consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a wide range of key business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for finding clients, providing support, creating an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online IT support. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information concerning Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; network experts who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and working background in high-demand IT areas beyond Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to learn more information concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have been able to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details about reasons we are exceptional by visiting How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure frees consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details concerning our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable money by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see answers to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions that associate Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to ask about any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco certification; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our client list dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect certifications. We can promote your talents, but you must provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. If you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer engineers have offered affordable and effective network support services for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas beyond our core focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active client base for which you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes having a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to explain realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from most consulting firms is the excellence of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is located across California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network can be a crucial factor for accelerating a company's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and personal growth from being a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.