Among the top computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a wide range of vital business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details about Progent's job openings, business culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven expertise and field background in important information technology areas beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work model that offers life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning reasons Progent is different by going to How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment uses sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle business-critical network issues. Our virtual office structure frees you to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details about our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions which tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with CCIE certification; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our staff of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must provide basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key technologies outside of our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having a long work-related history and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and know how to work effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running specialized application tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from other consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'
Subscript out of range: 'RndRange(...)'
/header-subr.asp, line 2229