Among America's top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a broad variety of vital software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online network support. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; system consultants with CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with proven expertise and field experience in high-demand IT topics outside our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with our in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to find out additional information concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that offers life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more details about how Progent is different by going to How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network uses state-of-the-art technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle challenging network problems. Our virtual office network enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For replies to popular questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of engagement proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any position shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and following a strong value-based pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our customer list dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing network consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants who have verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will market your skills, but you must have standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting professionals have provided affordable and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project approval, client requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base to which you currently provide continuing support services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You must know how to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able analyze tasks, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from other network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support services can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client needs through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the package by providing a full employee care program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth by acting as part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.