Among the top network consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a wide range of key software applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring clients, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international organization for delivering online IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details about our work opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with proven knowledge and hands-on background in important IT topics outside our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn additional information concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more details concerning ways that we are unique by going to Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model enables you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of service propositions which associate Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our client list dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and technical support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a credential does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you need to have standard certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and successful network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong staff and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in key areas beyond our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- Database support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client support, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects and/or have an active client base for which you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent people skills and be able to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You must be able to articulate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you must be able analyze projects, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using specialized application tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from most network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, however we are building a quickly growing team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the package by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's growth, and we apply this belief in our corporate network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal growth from acting as part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.