Among the premier network consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a broad range of key business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to become among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, you will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about our work openings, company culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants who have CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with specialized expertise and field experience in important information technology areas outside Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires contractors who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with our staff professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to attract the top professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and an independent business model that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment provides advanced technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to deal with challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting propositions which associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can work on Progent's team of desktop service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive client care, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong staff and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and be able to work effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You must know how to explain realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running custom software tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from other consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and personal growth by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.