Among America's top network consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad variety of critical business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding customers, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details concerning Progent's work openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized expertise and field background in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn more details about freelance jobs with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information concerning ways that Progent is unique by referring to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model provides sophisticated technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Our virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants build lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For replies to common questions about being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's staff of help desk support specialists and remote support experts. Also, We are hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and following a competitive value-based pricing structure, We have been able to expand our client base rapidly while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants who have verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you need to have standard certifications for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of expert information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in important technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- Database support and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have your own active client base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you must know how scope out projects, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using specialized application tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is published to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.