Among America's top network consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide range of key software applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, delivering support, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about Progent's work openings, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network experts with CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and working background in high-demand IT topics beyond our main service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with our staff professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. In order to learn more details concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work model that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning how Progent is different by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network incorporates advanced technologies that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with challenging IT problems. Our virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting commutes and helps you nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information concerning our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions which tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to work on our team of help desk service technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, We are looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a strong results-focused fee structure, We have managed to increase our client base dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer support services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in important areas beyond Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You must be able to explain proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you must be able analyze projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing our business models for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from other network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the work properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a crucial piece for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our own network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience career and personal maturity by acting as part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.