One of the top network consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a wide range of vital software applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding customers, providing support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering online network expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out more details concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and working experience in high-demand IT areas outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, commitment to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning how Progent is different by going to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Our virtual office environment frees you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions that tie our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified network consultants with CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to work on our team of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills through cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you must provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for which you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should know how to explain proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you need to know how evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from other network support companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit plan to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.