One of America's top IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad variety of key business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online network support. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details about our work openings, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes contractors who offer advice and development support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional information about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work model that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information concerning how Progent is exceptional by visiting How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment uses sophisticated technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details about our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of our available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of consulting propositions that tie our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any position listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our team of desktop support specialists and remote support experts. Also, We are hiring talented administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client services, and following a strong value-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical help to small companies will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can broadcast your talents, but you must provide standard certifications for us to market. If you happen to be adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered low-cost and successful network support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration teams will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active client base for which you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and have current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you need to know how evaluate projects, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's success, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.