One of the top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of key software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding clients, providing service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build an international organization for delivering online IT expertise. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information concerning our job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with specialized knowledge and field background in important IT topics outside Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who can provide advice and development support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to learn more details about contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and a flexible business structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information concerning ways that Progent is different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
This is a list of some present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service proposals that tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any opening listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on our team of desktop service technicians and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive client services, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, We have managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that have recognized credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you must have standard certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in important areas outside of our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should be able to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must know how scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using custom software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from typical consulting firms is the quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity by acting as part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.