Among America's premiere computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of critical software areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out more information concerning our work openings, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISM certified security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in high-demand IT areas outside our primary service focus. Our Experts Team hires contractors who offer consulting and programming services for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent business model that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons we are exceptional by going to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office network frees consultants to focus on providing service instead of fighting traffic and lets you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional details about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to popular questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service propositions which align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to enquire about any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our team of helpdesk support specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, We are hiring experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive client services, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, We have been able to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants that have recognized credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can market your skills, but you need to provide basic certifications for Progent to market. If you are adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have provided low-cost and successful network support services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas beyond our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized software utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that separates us from other network support companies is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with daily commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, however Progent is building a quickly growing group of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a varied group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any company's success, and we apply this credo in our own network environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity by being part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.