Among the premier IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified support professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a wide variety of vital business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding customers, providing service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to become among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out more details concerning our job openings, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized expertise and working experience in important IT topics beyond our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who offer advice and development support for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out additional information about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have been able to recruit the top professional experts by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work structure that offers life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more information concerning ways that we are unique by going to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with challenging network issues. Our virtual office structure enables you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more details about our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more about our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting propositions that associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive value-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer support to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will promote your talents, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and effective computer support services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- Database support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from lead identification, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have strong people skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom application utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from most network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the job properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located across California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.