Among America's premier computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide range of vital software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for finding customers, providing service, creating an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing online network assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details concerning our work openings, business culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven expertise and hands-on background in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional information about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus an independent work model that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about ways that we are different by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model incorporates advanced technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office environment frees consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals which associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your knowledge via cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for us to work with. If you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and successful computer support expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to communicate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to be able analyze jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using proprietary application tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from most consulting firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting services can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system is a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our own system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private maturity from being a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.