One of the premier IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a wide variety of critical software areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish an international organization for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details concerning Progent's job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and field experience in high-demand IT topics outside our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and development support for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. To find out additional information about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about reasons we are exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office setting enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details about Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common questions about being employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent FAQs.
The following is a description of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented managers able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our client base dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can broadcast your skills, but you must have a baseline of certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-focused billing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active client base for which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze jobs, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates us from other consulting firms is the quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support services can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, but we are building a rapidly growing team of network experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for enabling any company's growth, and we apply this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.