One of the top computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide variety of key business areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to become among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more details about our work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; system experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with proven expertise and hands-on experience in important information technology topics outside our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional information about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information about how we are exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model uses sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office environment frees consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For replies to frequent questions about becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of some present job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of service propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that have recognized credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can promote your skills, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective network support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base for which you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having a long work-related record and strong references, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should be able to communicate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you should be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running specialized software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from other consulting firms is the quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income with regular drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is published to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding team of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling any company's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own system environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private maturity from being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.