One of America's premiere IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of critical business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn more information concerning Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth expertise and field experience in crucial IT areas beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn additional information about contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more details about reasons we are exceptional by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model uses advanced technologies that allow remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to solve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure frees consultants to focus on providing service rather than fighting traffic and lets you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information about Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of service proposals which align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco certification; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on our team of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our client list dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for us to market. If you are strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong staff and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced skills and work background in key areas outside of Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base for which you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to articulate proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you should know how evaluate projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting companies is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network is a crucial factor for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.