Among the top network consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide variety of critical business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online network expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information about our work openings, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts who have CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven expertise and working background in high-demand information technology topics beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. If you want to learn additional information about contracting work with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work model that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more information concerning reasons Progent is unique by visiting How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office structure allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of engagement proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on our team of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring talented administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and following a competitive value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your knowledge through interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you must provide standard certifications for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how scope out projects, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that separates us from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose income with daily commutes to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing team of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you donít offer excellent people skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's growth, and we apply this credo in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private growth from being a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.