One of America's premier computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a wide variety of critical software applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for providing online network assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about Progent's work openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology topics outside our main technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn more information concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information about ways that Progent is different by visiting Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network uses advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to solve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more details about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of service propositions that associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer list rapidly while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your skills, but you should provide basic certifications for us to work with. In case you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important areas beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active client base to which you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using specialized application tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from other consulting companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of our consulting services can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the package by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you donít have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our own system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth by being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.