One of America's premier network consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a wide variety of vital business areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for finding customers, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details about our work opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; system experts who have Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have proven expertise and working experience in high-demand information technology topics outside our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer advice and development services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn additional information concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more details about how Progent is different by referring to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office structure enables you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details concerning our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to popular questions about being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals that associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you want to enquire about any position shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring experienced administrators able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and following a strong value-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network expertise and computer support to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can market your skills, but you should provide standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced skills and field background in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Group to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client care, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have an active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to explain realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able scope out projects, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from most consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting work can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's success, and we follow this credo in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.