Among the top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide variety of critical software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, creating an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details about Progent's job openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with specialized expertise and hands-on background in important information technology areas outside our primary technical focus. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with our full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. To find out additional information concerning contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus an independent work model that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more details about ways that Progent is different by visiting How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to handle business-critical network issues. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on providing service rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of consulting propositions that associate our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and following a strong value-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer base rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills via interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical support to small organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will market your skills, but you need to provide standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key technologies beyond our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Group to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base to which you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that separates us from other network support companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site client work is based on your own time table, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, however we are building a quickly growing team of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.