One of America's top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad range of key software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish an international organization for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information about Progent's job openings, company culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; system consultants who have CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about staff professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with proven knowledge and working experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with our full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details about freelance work with our Experts Team, see Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details about how Progent is unique by going to How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to deal with challenging network issues. Our virtual office environment frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any position shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for talented managers who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive client services, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in key technologies outside of our core focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base to whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and strong references, and possess current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to explain proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you should know how scope out tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running custom application utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from other consulting firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit plan to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and private maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.