Among America's premiere network consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of vital software applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for finding clients, providing support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about our job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have specialized expertise and working experience in important IT areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to find out additional information about contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the top professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that Progent is different by going to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network incorporates advanced technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Our virtual office setting frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more about our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of some current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of engagement propositions that associate our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any position listed above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our staff of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and following a competitive value-based pricing model, We have managed to expand our client list dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can market your talents, but you must provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding the Experts Group to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have an active customer base for which you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and have current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate projects, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized application tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the package by offering a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system is a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our own network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal growth from being part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.