One of America's premiere network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a broad variety of vital business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for finding clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client service and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about our work opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized knowledge and working experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and development support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional information about freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details about reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to solve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to focus on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus many other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions which align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Work with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on Progent's team of desktop support technicians and remote support experts. Also, We are hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive value-based fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our client base rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will promote your skills, but you should provide standard certifications for us to market. If you are adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active client base to whom you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to explain realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how scope out jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from most consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated across California, however we are building a quickly growing group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit program to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity by being part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.