Among the premier network consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of critical business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to be one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details concerning Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in crucial information technology topics outside our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to find out more information concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the best professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to deal with challenging network problems. Our virtual office network frees consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of consulting proposals which tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you want to apply for any job shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, We are seeking talented administrators who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a strong value-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client base rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show verifiable certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you must have basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key technologies beyond our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active client base for which you currently provide continuing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you should be able evaluate tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, but we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system is a crucial piece for accelerating a company's growth, and we apply this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal growth by acting as part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.