Among the premier computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a wide range of critical business applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for acquiring clients, providing service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build an international presence for providing online IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with specialized expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to learn additional details about contract jobs with our Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work model that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about how Progent is different by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office network allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to frequent questions about being a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of engagement proposals which tie Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you would like to ask about any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to join our team of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking talented managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class client services, and following a competitive value-focused fee structure, We have been able to increase our client list dramatically while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants who have verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. We can promote your skills, but you need to provide standard credentials for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key areas beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active client base for which you now provide continuing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must be able analyze projects, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from most consulting firms is the excellence of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support work can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network is a crucial factor for enabling a firm's success, and we follow this belief in our own network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal growth by being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.