One of the premier IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a wide variety of key software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing online network service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details concerning Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven expertise and working background in important information technology topics outside Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to learn more details concerning contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Work with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details about ways that Progent is exceptional by going to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network uses state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to popular questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of engagement propositions which tie Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's team of help desk service technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and following a competitive results-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our client list dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your skills through cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you must provide standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful network support expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in important areas outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to communicate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates us from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the job properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is published to streamline team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network is a pivotal piece for enabling a company's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience career and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.