Among America's premier computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad range of vital software areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding clients, providing service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing remote IT expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more details concerning our job openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; system consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven expertise and field experience in crucial IT topics outside Progent's primary service concentration. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. If you want to learn more information about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that we are exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model incorporates advanced technologies that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure allows you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and lets you build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement propositions which align Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you wish to apply for any position listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's staff of help desk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong value-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you must have basic certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have offered low-cost and successful network support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important areas beyond our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for whom you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should be able to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to know how analyze projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our support services can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is located across California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding team of network experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and personal growth from being a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.