Among America's premiere network consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide variety of key software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out more details about Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; system experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA accredited security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven knowledge and field experience in important information technology topics beyond Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have managed to recruit the top professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work structure that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning how Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to handle business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office environment frees consultants to focus on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information about our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable money through hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus many other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see answers to frequent questions concerning being employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of some present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can join our staff of desktop service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and following a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has been able to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your skills through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you should provide basic credentials for us to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong consulting group and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead identification, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must be able evaluate projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using proprietary application tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from other network support companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent across a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy reference, current engineer availability is published to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling any company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and personal growth by acting as part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.