One of the premiere IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a wide variety of key business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative models for acquiring customers, delivering service, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a customer success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven knowledge and field background in high-demand IT areas beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional information about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business model that accommodates life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning how Progent is different by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office model frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets you build lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details about our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable income through hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of consulting propositions which align Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our staff of desktop service specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and offering a competitive value-based pricing model, We have managed to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and computer support to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have recognized credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you should provide basic certifications for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important areas beyond Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you must be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running custom application utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from most consulting firms is the quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site client work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our support work can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client needs via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you donít have strong people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network is a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth from being a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.