One of America's premiere IT consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide variety of key business applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing support, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing online IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about our work openings, company culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; system consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in crucial IT topics outside Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best professional talent by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about how Progent is unique by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network incorporates advanced technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office setting allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you build lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money through hard work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
For replies to common enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of some present job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of consulting proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any position listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees to join our staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote support experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and following a competitive value-based pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who have recognized certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can promote your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided low-cost and effective network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key technologies outside of our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects and/or have your own active client base to which you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able scope out projects, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running custom software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from most consulting companies is the quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our support work can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located across California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of network experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network is a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's success, and we apply this belief in our own system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.