One of America's top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a wide variety of key business areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed us to be one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering remote IT support. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Information About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information concerning our work opportunities, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; network experts with CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information about full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with specialized knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who offer advice and development support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To find out additional details about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information concerning reasons we are exceptional by referring to How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment uses advanced technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office environment frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more details about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see replies to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent FAQs.
This is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of engagement propositions that tie Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you wish to apply for any opening listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can join our staff of help desk service specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, We are hiring talented administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive client services, and offering a competitive value-focused fee model, We have managed to expand our client list dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer help to small organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants that can show verifiable certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you must provide standard credentials for Progent to market. If you are strongly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client care, and following a proven, value-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and be able to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you must know how evaluate tasks, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from other network support companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly growing team of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own system environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal growth from acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.