Among the premier network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a wide variety of key business applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative models for attracting clients, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build an international presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network consultant with a focus on a customer success and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn more details concerning our work openings, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; network experts with CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have in-depth knowledge and working background in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's primary technical focus. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with our staff professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more information concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, go to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent business model that offers life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning how we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to resolve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more details about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For answers to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of service propositions that tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you want to apply for any opening listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join Progent's team of help desk service specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, We are hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and offering a strong value-focused pricing structure, We have managed to expand our client base dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. We can broadcast your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful computer support expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in important technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer support, and following a proven, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base for whom you currently provide continuing support services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you need to know how evaluate tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using custom application utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that separates us from ordinary consulting firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is located across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private maturity from being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.