One of the top computer consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad variety of key software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for finding clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international organization for providing online network service. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details concerning Progent's job opportunities, company culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized expertise and working background in important IT areas beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Group employs contractors who offer advice and development services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to find out more details concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about ways that we are exceptional by visiting How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment provides sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office network enables consultants to focus on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and helps you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional information about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of engagement propositions which tie Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you want to apply for any opening listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-based pricing model, We have managed to expand our client base rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The point is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have offered affordable and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies outside of Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent customer care, and following a proven, value-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base for whom you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant history and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using custom application utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that separates us from ordinary network support companies is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you donít offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our own system environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.