Among the top network consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide variety of key software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information about Progent's job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; network consultants who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand information technology areas beyond our main service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires contractors who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. To learn more details concerning freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about how we are different by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to resolve challenging network issues. Our virtual office setting enables you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's staff of desktop service technicians and remote support experts. In addition, We are seeking talented managers able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a strong value-based pricing structure, We have been able to expand our client list dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and technical help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can market your talents, but you should have standard certifications for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key areas beyond our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base for whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to explain realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running proprietary software tools to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling a company's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal growth from being part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.