Among America's top IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide variety of vital business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for acquiring clients, providing support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more details about our job openings, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and field background in crucial IT topics outside our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. To learn additional details about contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details concerning how Progent is different by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment provides sophisticated technologies that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps you establish successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
For replies to frequent questions about being employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions that tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you wish to enquire about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our client base rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will expand your skills through interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants that can show recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. We can market your skills, but you must have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas beyond Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, client needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base for which you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to explain proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how evaluate projects, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from other network support firms is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.