Among the top network consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a broad variety of key business areas and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build a worldwide organization for providing online network service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's job openings, business philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; network consultants who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology topics beyond our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. In order to find out more details about contracting jobs with our Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business model that offers quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information about ways that we are unique by going to How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office structure frees you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions which tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you wish to apply for any job shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join our team of desktop support specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong results-focused pricing structure, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show recognized certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can broadcast your talents, but you should provide basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you now provide ongoing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong references, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how analyze tasks, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary software tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from most consulting companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a crucial piece for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private maturity from being a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.