Among the premiere IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide range of critical business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Innovative models for finding clients, providing service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote network expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more information about our job opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and working experience in crucial IT topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. To find out more information concerning contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information about how we are unique by visiting How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Our virtual office setting allows you to focus on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and lets you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable income by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
This is a description of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of service propositions which tie our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to join our team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class client services, and offering a competitive value-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have recognized credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must provide basic certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our computer professionals have offered affordable and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in key areas outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer support, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You should have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our operational models for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from most network support firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you donít offer strong people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our own network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.