Among the premier IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of vital software areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, creating a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing online IT support. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information about Progent's work opportunities, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about staff professional services positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have specialized expertise and field background in important IT areas beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more details about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more information about how Progent is different by going to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model provides sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office network enables consultants to focus on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
For replies to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Q&A.
This is a list of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals that align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you wish to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's team of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and offering a competitive value-focused fee model, We have managed to increase our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering network consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that have recognized certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will promote your skills, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective network support services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key areas outside of our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer support, and following a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base to whom you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to communicate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able scope out projects, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that separates us from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the work properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.