One of America's top network consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a wide variety of critical business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding customers, delivering service, creating an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build an international organization for delivering online network service. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information about our job opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas outside Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To find out additional information about freelance jobs with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details about ways that Progent is different by going to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model provides sophisticated technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office model allows you to focus on providing service instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions which associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you want to ask about any position shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is seeking experienced administrators able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our customer list dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your skills via interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering network expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who have recognized certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas outside of our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client care, and following a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations staffs will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project approval, client needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects and/or have an active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom application utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with daily drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done remotely, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like working with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system is a crucial factor for enabling any company's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity by being part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.