One of the top IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide variety of critical business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for attracting customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online network support. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information about Progent's work opportunities, company culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; system experts who have Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and working background in important IT areas outside Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details about how Progent is unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model provides advanced technologies that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office network enables consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details concerning our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of engagement proposals which associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our customer base rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will promote your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting services for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the impact of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active client base for which you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to articulate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from typical network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members ó all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to client needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you donít have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a crucial factor for accelerating any company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity from being part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.