One of the top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad range of critical software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing service, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled us to be one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have specialized knowledge and field background in high-demand IT areas beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and development services for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent cooperate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about how Progent is unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model incorporates advanced technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting commutes and helps you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money through hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of our present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement proposals that tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of helpdesk support specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our client list dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your knowledge through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering network expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you must have a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have provided affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies outside of our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You must have a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active client base to whom you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having an extensive work-related record and strong references, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out projects, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running custom application utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from most network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income with regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you donít offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience career and personal growth by acting as part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.