Among America's premiere network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a wide range of key software applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote IT service. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and working experience in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Group employs contractors who offer consulting and development support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn more details about freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting talent by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business structure that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that we are unique by visiting Reasons That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network provides state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office network enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals which align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any opening listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our staff of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are looking for talented managers who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing model, We have managed to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show recognized credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will promote your skills, but you should provide basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job approval, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you should be able analyze projects, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized application utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from typical consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose income with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated across California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding team of network professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you donít offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system is a pivotal piece for enabling a company's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity from acting as part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.