One of America's top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad range of critical software applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding clients, delivering support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online network service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA certified security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven expertise and working background in important information technology topics beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Our Experts Group includes contractors who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional information concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Work at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have managed to attract the best professional talent by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent business model that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons we are unique by going to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network uses sophisticated technical tools that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office environment enables you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more information about our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals that align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive results-focused fee model, We have managed to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect credentials. We will promote your talents, but you need to provide basic credentials for us to market. In case you are strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important technologies beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active client base for whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate projects, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, using specialized application tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your time table, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current consultant availability is published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network is a crucial piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this credo in our corporate network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.