One of America's premier network consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a broad variety of critical business applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote network assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details about our job opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; system consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven knowledge and hands-on background in important IT topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional information concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about how Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technologies that allow off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to resolve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions which tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on Progent's staff of desktop support specialists and remote support experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive value-based fee model, We have managed to increase our client base dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show verifiable certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect certifications. We can market your skills, but you should provide standard credentials for us to market. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting services for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in key technologies beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have an active customer base to whom you now provide continuing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you should be able analyze tasks, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized software utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support work can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's success, and we follow this credo in our corporate system environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth by being a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.