One of the top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of critical business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build an international presence for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a client success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information about our job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven expertise and hands-on background in crucial IT topics outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn more details about contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business model that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons we are unique by visiting Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model uses advanced technologies that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office network enables you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting propositions that align Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and following a competitive results-based fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your skills through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. We can market your talents, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to which you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having a long work-related record and strong referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate tasks, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network is a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.