Among America's premiere network consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of key software areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with a focus on a customer success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more details concerning our job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; system consultants who have Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and field background in crucial information technology areas outside our main service focus. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to find out additional information about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about ways that Progent is exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network provides advanced technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to resolve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office setting enables you to focus on providing service rather than fighting commutes and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details about Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of service propositions that associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you want to apply for any job listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our staff of desktop service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our customer list dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your knowledge through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and computer support to small companies will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you should provide basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered low-cost and successful network support expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer support engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in key areas outside of Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base for which you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing a long work-related history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should know how to articulate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the work properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our consulting work can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of network professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network can be a crucial piece for enabling a firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own system environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private growth by being a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.