One of the premier network consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a broad variety of critical business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT support. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP certified security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with specialized knowledge and field experience in crucial IT topics beyond our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and development services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. To find out additional information about contract work with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information about how we are exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to deal with challenging IT issues. Our virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out additional details about our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more about our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement proposals which associate our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you wish to ask about any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our team of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge via interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants that have verifiable certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will promote your skills, but you should have standard credentials for us to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective network support services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from most network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network is a crucial factor for enabling a firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private maturity from being a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.